Rafael Nadal Will Not Play Buenos Aires, He Has A Bad Stomach [Video]
by Tom Gainey | February 6th, 2014, 2:38 pm
  • 15 Comments

Rafael Nadal will not play in Buenos Aires next week. Nadal, who injured his back during the Australian Open final, also now suffering from a stomach issue.

“Sorry announcing my withdraw from B Aires. Fans & Tournament can’t be better but stomach virus didn’t allow practice today & tomorrow. I’m not ready.”

A stomach illness also kept Nadal out of the Australian Open last year.

Nadal is still hopeful of returning for the new event in Rio de Janiero on February 17.


Also Check Out:
Good News! After A Bad Back And A Stomach Virus, Rafael Nadal Is Training Again
Nalbandian Wins in Return
Chilean Earthquake Felt by Del Potro in Buenos Aires
Rafael Nadal Enters The Brasil Open In Sao Paulo
Highlights From Rafael Nadal-Novak Djokovic Argentina [Video]

Don't miss any tennis action, stay connected with Tennis-X

Get Tennis-X news FREE in your inbox every day

15 Comments for Rafael Nadal Will Not Play Buenos Aires, He Has A Bad Stomach [Video]

Dan Says:

It will take Dull a long time to get over the psychological trauma of one his victims turning the table on him in such a brutal fashion.


Ben Pronin Says:

He needs to watch what he eats.


metan Says:

@BEN, I am second to your line. Nice one, no.😄.and thanks for the link you posted on the other thread. Really good . I love the charts there, it helps to see the big picture.


metan Says:

@DAN.
Rafa will overcome all his adversity and that the best part of him unlike other player never gets, never will…..
Get well soon Rafa, vamos!!!


Steve27 Says:

Dan, another troll.
Hope recovers well and play in Rio.
Vam1s!


Giles Says:

Recover soon!
Vamos Champ!


shamboozie Says:

Lol @ the food conspiracy against Kneedal


the DA Says:

Woo hoo! Andy has accepted a WC into Rotterdam. His back must be feeling VERY good. Good chance to pick up some points.


Margot Says:

@ the DA
Yay! Andy’s back and back’s better! Cooooommmee Ooooon!


Hippy Chic Says:

Smart move IMO damage limitation.


MMT Says:

I agree, Hippy Chic – no reason to be playing so early, especially if he’s going to defend Indian Wells and Miami – which make no sense on the schedule – ahead of a grueling clay court season. The south american clay court season is like a second clay court season.


Hippy Chic Says:

MMT thanks i understood it last year as he wanted to ease himself back into competition with the smaller tournies,this year he doesnt need to,BTW who is your favorite?


Steve 27 Says:

He will play in Río, one of the most beautiful cities on the world.
Simbora!


Okiegal Says:

Glad he withdrew. That’s a good thing imo…..Will be looking forward to Rio, starts the 17th. Can’t wait…..Well, I hope it’s live streamed. I haven’t checked their web site yet. We will see!!


metan Says:

@MMT,
Rafa didn’t play at Miami last year so no point to defend, just fyi.
What do you think regarding Rafa netting games lately. Serve and volley??? In case you pay attention into his games Thanks in advance.

Top story: Li Na Officially Retires From Tennis
Most Recent story: 18-Year-Old Ash Barty Has Taken An Indefinite Leave From Tennis
  • Recent Comments
Rankings
ATP - Sep 15 WTA - Sep 15
1 Novak Djokovic1 Serena Williams
2 Rafael Nadal2 Simona Halep
3 Roger Federer3 Petra Kvitova
4 Stan Wawrinka4 Maria Sharapova
5 David Ferrer5 Agnieszka Radwanska
6 Milos Raonic6 Na Li
7 Tomas Berdych7 Eugenie Bouchard
8 Kei Nishikori8 Angelique Kerber
9 Marin Cilic9 Caroline Wozniacki
10 Grigor Dimitrov10 Ana Ivanovic
More: Tennis T-Shirts | Tennis Shop | Live Tennis Scores | Headlines

Copyright © 2003-2014 Tennis-X.com. All rights reserved.
This website is an independently operated source of news and information and is not affiliated with any professional organizations.