In a rematch of the 2014 final, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer meet for the 2015 Wimbledon title. Federer leads this series 20-19 but Djokovic has won the last two, both in finals. At Wimbledon they are 1-1, the same as they are in Grand Slam finals.
Djokovic has won 8 Slams titles winning the Australian Open this year. Federer has won 17 Slams but none since his 2012 triumph over Andy Murray.
The last player to successfully defend Wimbledon was Federer in 2007.
NO. 1 NOVAK DJOKOVIC (SRB) v NO. 2 ROGER FEDERER (SUI)
Head-to-head: Federer leads 20-19
* Top seed and defending Wimbledon champion DJOKOVIC is bidding to win his 3rd Wimbledon title and equal his coach Boris Becker, who won the title here in 1985-86 and 1989. Just 5 men in the Open Era have won 3 or more Wimbledon titles.
* Djokovic is bidding to win his 9th Grand Slam title and take sole ownership of 8th place on the all-time list for most major titles. He has won titles at the Australian Open in 2008 (d. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga), 2011 (d. Andy Murray), 2012 (d. Nadal), 2013 (d. Murray) and 2015 (d. Murray); at Wimbledon in 2011 (d. Nadal) and 2014 (d. Federer); and at the 2011 US Open (d. Nadal).
* If Djokovic wins his 9th Grand Slam title at 2015 Wimbledon he will be the oldest player to win 9 titles at the Grand Slams in the Open Era.
* Djokovic has an 8-8 win-loss record in his 16 previous Grand Slam finals and a 2-1 win-loss record in Wimbledon finals. His only loss in a Wimbledon final came against Andy Murray.
*Djokovic is looking to become just the 7th man to win 200 Grand Slam matches in history. He overtook Rafael Nadal at this year’s Wimbledon and goes into this year’s final with a 199-34 win-loss record. The leading all-time performers are as follows.
* 7-time Wimbledon champion FEDERER is bidding to become the first man to win 8 Wimbledon singles titles. Martina Navratilova (9) and Helen Wills Moody (8) are the only women to have won 8 or more singles titles here.
* Federer is also bidding to become the second man in history to win 8 titles at any Grand Slam event. Rafael Nadal became the first man to achieve this feat by winning his 8th Roland Garros title in 2013.
* Federer, who is 33 years 338 days old, is bidding to become the oldest Wimbledon champion in the Open
Era. The oldest man to win Wimbledon in the Open Era is Arthur Ashe who was 31 years 360 days old when he won the title here in 1975. The oldest woman to win Wimbledon is Navratilova, who was 33 years 263 days when she won the 1990 title.
* Federer is also looking to become the 3rd oldest man to win a Grand Slam title in the Open Era after Ken Rosewall, who won titles at the 1972 Australian Open (37 years 62 days), 1971 Australian Open (36 years 73 days) and 1970 US Open (35 years 315 days), and Andres Gimeno, who won 1972 Roland Garros (34 years 306 days).
SATURDAY WIMBLEDON SCHEDULE
CENTRE COURT – 2:00PM
Novak Djokovic (SRB)  v Roger Federer (SUI) 
Leander Paes (IND)  / Martina Hingis (SUI)  v
Alexander Peya (AUT)  / Timea Babos (HUN) 
METOFFICE WIMBLEDON SUNDAY FORECAST
Cloudy with outbreaks of rain, some heavy. This will clear away from most parts during the afternoon although remaining cloudy, and rather warm. Isolated heavy showers in the north later. Maximum Temperature 72°F.
BET AT HOME ODDS
Novak Djokovic 1.78 vs Roger Federer 1.93
US TV SCHEDULE
ESPN will have live coverage of the match starting at 9am ET, 2pm local.
You Might Like:
2019 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Roger Federer
2015 US Open Men’s Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Roger Federer
May Off-Topic Thread
May Off Topic Thread
July Off Topic Thread