Canadian star Eugenie Bouchard have filed a lawsuit against the US Open and the USTA for the concussion she sustained on September 4 during a slip in the locker room.
According to the New York Times, Bouchard is asking for millions of dollars in compensation for missed time off the tour and personal damage.
The suit alleges a cleaning agent was left on the locker floor without proper warning signage or anyone there to supervise. In the late hours, Bouchard slipped and hit her head.
The 21-year-old attempted a comeback last week in Beijing but the damage from the fall still remains. Its unlikely she will play again this year.
After a dismal 2015, Bouchard was finally playing some good tennis at the US Open. She had reached the US Open fourth round with a match against Roberta Vinci ahead when the incident took place.
You Might Like:
USTA Says It’s Not Their Fault That Eugenie Bouchard Fell In The US Open Locker Room
Eugenie Bouchard Wins 3 Games In Loss At ITF Futures Event
Eugenie Bouchard Splits With Coach Sam Sumyk
Genie Bouchard Was So Stressed Out Over Tennis That She Couldn’t Eat
Eugenie Bouchard Says She’s Never Met Anyone With Her First Name