2016 Finalist Milos Raonic Withdraws From Indian Wells
by Staff | March 6th, 2017, 9:37 pm
  • 2 Comments

Defending finalist Milos Raonic won’t return to Indian Wells this year due to a hamstring injury. The Canadian injured his hamstring during his semifinal win over Juan Martin del Potro at Delray Beach last weekend.

Raonic, who played all nine Masters events last year, will miss his first Indian Wells event. He lost in the 2016 final to Novak Djokovic during which he injured an adductor.

The Canadian World No. 3 has just two titles, each of the last two years.

Raonic’s withdrawal along with the earlier pullouts from David Ferrer and Gilles Simon means del Potro will earn the No. 32 seed when the singles draw is made Tuesday afternoon.


You Might Like:
Roger Federer Officially Withdraws From Indian Wells, He Won’t Play Miami Either; Next Is Monte Carlo
2-Time Champion Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Indian Wells
Federer v Coric, Del Potro v Raonic In SFs at Indian Wells Sat.
Milos Raonic Withdraws From French Open
Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Indian Wells With Left Forearm Injury

Don't miss any tennis action, stay connected with Tennis-X

Get the FREE TX daily newsletter

2 Comments for 2016 Finalist Milos Raonic Withdraws From Indian Wells

FedExpress Says:

how tf is he world number 3 by winning only two titles the last 2 years?


HJF Says:

Hes number 4 not 3 ….

Top story: Fabolous Fognini Routs Rafa Nadal In Monte Carlo, Will Meet Lajovic For The Title!