A monster first day at Wimbledon features Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Marin Cilic and many more.
Murray will play 20-year-old trick shot artist Alexander Bublik. The Scot who announced he and wife Kim are expecting a second child, is not worried about a sore hip from earlier in the week.
“The last few days have been very good,” he said. “Practice each day has got a little bit better. It’s been slightly stop-start preparations, but each day I’ve felt better.
“But a little bit like at the French Open, where maybe I didn’t come in as well prepared, I still found a way with each match to feel a bit better, and built confidence each day. So, you know, I’m hoping that’s the case here.”
“I’ll be fine to play the event and play seven matches,” Murray said. “If I feel like I am today, I’d be delighted and have no issues getting through.
“You know, if necessary, I can take some anti-inflammatories if my hip flares up. Hopefully that’s not the case.”
Nadal faces Australian John Millman as he tries to win his first grass match in two years since beating Thomaz Bellucci in 2015.
Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Nick Kyrgios, Denis Shapovalov and Stan Wawrinka who is bidding for a career Slam are also in action on a full day of 32 matches from the top half of the men’s draw.
MONDAY WIMBLEDON SCHEDULE
CENTRE COURT – 1:00PM
1. Andy Murray (GBR)  v Alexander Bublik (KAZ)
2. Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Petra Kvitova (CZE) 
3. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) v Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 
NO.1 COURT – 1:00PM
1. Elise Mertens (BEL) v Venus Williams (USA) 
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP)  v John Millman (AUS)
3. Johanna Konta (GBR)  v Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)
NO.2 COURT – 11:30AM
1. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)  v Cameron Norrie (GBR)
2. Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Simona Halep (ROU) 
3. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) v Marin Cilic (CRO) 
4. Maryna Zanevska (BEL) v Heather Watson (GBR)
You Might Like:
Marin Cilic Will Try To Snap A 12-Match Losing Streak To Novak Djokovic In The Wimbledon QFs
Marin Cilic Splits From Coach Goran Ivanisevic After Nearly Three Years
Andy Murray: 2016 Is The Best Year Of My Life On And Off The Court
Andy Murray Saved A Dog, Then Won His First Round Wimbledon Match!
Federer, Serena, Venus Open Play Monday At Wimbledon