Andy Murray Officially Withdraws From Canadian Open Montreal, Rafael Nadal With No. 1 Shot Next Week
by Staff | August 4th, 2017, 12:50 am
  • 2 Comments

After days of speculation, Andy Murray made it official on Thursday pulling out of next week’s Canadian Open in Montreal due to his hip.

“I am sad to be missing the tournament in Montreal because I have many great memories from my time in Canada,” said Murray. “I am doing everything I can to return as quickly as possible.”

Murray, a 3-time Canadian Open champion, also missed the event last year. For now he remains in the Cincinnati event.

Murray’s withdrawal means Rafael Nadal will return to the No. 1 ranking if he makes the semifinals at the event. Nadal was last No. 1 in June of 2014. Murray has ranked No. 1 for 39 weeks as of this past Monday.


You Might Like:
Garbine Muguruza Summer Pull Out Tour Continues, She Withdraws From Montreal
3-Time Champion Andy Murray Withdraws From The Canadian Open
Roger Federer Withdraws From Montreal
Marin Cilic Withdraws From Canadian Open, Will Andy Murray Do The Same?
Roger Federer Confirms Montreal Canadian Open Apperance

Don't miss any tennis action, stay connected with Tennis-X

Get the FREE TX daily newsletter

2 Comments for Andy Murray Officially Withdraws From Canadian Open Montreal, Rafael Nadal With No. 1 Shot Next Week

Humble Rafa Says:

I will do all I can to be No.1 on my worst surface. This is not as bad as indoor, but still.

Top story: Federer, Djokovic Lead Heavily Favored European Team Laver Cup This Weekend