August 16th, 2013
Has Maria Sharapova Already Fired Jimmy Connors After One Match?
Maria Sharapova has reportedly already fired Jimmy Connors.
Posted by Tom Gainey @ 9:23 am in Coaching | 17 Comments »
July 13th, 2013
Maria Sharapova Has Hired A New Coach, And It’s Jimmy Connors! [Poll]
Maria Sharapova has hired Jimmy Connors as her new coach.
Posted by Staff @ 10:08 am in Coaching, Polls | 25 Comments »
December 8th, 2012
Looking Through The Years: Federer Is Better than Ever
We all know the greatness that is Roger Federer. We know that, at this point, literally every match he places bares some kind of historic significance.
Posted by Ben Pronin @ 10:11 am in 2012 Season, ATP | 221 Comments »
May 28th, 2012
Roger Federer Ties Connors For Most Slam Wins, But He Also Wants To Break Jimmy’s 109 Titles Record
Roger Federer ties Jimmy Connors for most career Grand Slam wins, but the Swiss has his eye on another of Jimmy’s records.
Posted by Tom Gainey @ 11:15 am in French Open | 8 Comments »
June 18th, 2011
Bartoli, Seppi, Tursunov, Vinci Collect Pre-Wimbledon Grass Titles; X-Notes
John Isner on playing Nicolas Mahut again: “It’s going to be pretty nuts. I couldn’t believe it. I joked with him earlier in the week, last week, and said, ‘Watch us play each other.’ And he said, ‘No, there’s no way. That’s not even funny.’”
Posted by Staff @ 5:37 pm in Tennis, Wimbledon | 45 Comments »
August 24th, 2009
5 US Open Dream Matches
Just for fun, I am trying something different. As the 2009 hard court season heads toward the finish line, I came up with some hypothetical matches between former U.S. Open champions.
Posted by Dan Martin @ 10:49 pm in 2009 Season, American tennis, Australian Open, No. 1 ranking, US Open, US Open Series, Year-End No. 1 | 119 Comments »
June 17th, 2009
Forget Debating Tennis GOATS, Track Paradigm Shifts
The sport has changed enough in a short period of time to ask if tennis fans can accurately compare eras right next to one another.
Posted by Dan Martin @ 11:26 am in 2009 Season, ATP, Miami, Tennis | 159 Comments »
October 3rd, 2008
American Tennis: USTA, Fans Asking ‘Who’s Next?’ and ‘When?’
If the Williams sisters were to retire with Davenport as of this writing, the U.S. would have no women in the Top 40, and three players in the Top 100 (including the 30+ Jill Craybas, and Ashley Harkleroad who is pregnant). In other words, by the time the Williams retire, U.S. women’s tennis will virtually retire with them.
Posted by Richard Vach @ 1:43 pm in American tennis, American Women, ATP, No. 1 ranking, Tennis, US Open, US Open Series, Wimbledon, WTA, WTA Tour, Year-End No. 1 | 113 Comments »
- Top Stories
- Nadal, Murray Dominate On Windy, Rainy Day In Miami; Djokovic Opens Title Defense Saturday
- Azarenka Romps, Bellis Gets Revenge, Haleps Wins In 3; Venus, Serena Tomorrow
- Del Potro Goes Down In Return, Teens Delight; Nadal, Murray, Tsonga In Action Friday In Miami
- Sharapova Stunned By Gavrilova In Miami, Venus Wins; Serena, Sloane v Keys Friday
- Azarenka, Stephens, Querrey Advance In Miami; Sharapova, Del Potro Thursday
- Davis Cup Tennis
- Recent Comments
- Hippy Chick: Well i hope Chris Ford1 is right and Rafa does have another great year,number 1 ranking or no number 1...
- Hippy Chick: Mat4 from the other thread it doesnt matter what you call me its all good,anyway he can speak for...
- Margot: Young was leaching errors all over the place and Andy was having many problems with his ball toss. Then I...
- Margot: @chris ford 1 I agree about ending the “let” rule. It is soooo tedious. Interesting idea about...
- Margot: Andy would’ve been very good with a wooden racquet. The variety in his game would’ve carried him...