Marketa Vondrousova Bio
- • Coached by Jan Mertl
- • Lives and trains in Prague; moved to the city on her own to train at 15 years old
- • Began playing tennis at 4 years old with her father, David Voundrous, and by 10-years-old she was practicing in Prague. Mother, Jindriska Anderlova played volleyball in the top Czech league
- • Married partner Stepan Simek in the summer of 2022
- • Favorite surface is clay because she grew up on it, but believes her game is more suited for hard courts
- • Chose tennis over soccer because she prefers the individual nature of the sport
- • Tennis idol is Roger Federer
- • Describes herself as "quiet" and "calm"
Biographical information from WTA. Information might not be up to date.
Return to > Players > M > Marketa Vondrousova Profile