|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Nadal Knocks Out Fognini In Montreal; Russians Medvedev, Khachanov To Meet In SF
- Rafael Nadal avenged a shock Monte Carlo loss to Fabio Fognini by beating the Italian Friday night in Montreal 2-6, 6-1, 6-2.
"It was an up-and-down match, but a positive match for me," Nadal assessed. "I have been playing...
- Kontaveit Outslugs Sharapova; Wozniacki, Bencic Early Toronto Winners; Andreescu-Bouchard On Deck
- Former champion Caroline Wozniacki cruised Monday at the Toronto Masters dismissing the dangerous Yulia Putintseva 6-4, 6-2.
Wozniacki, who won in Montreal back in 2010, was down 4-2 early before rolling of 10 of the last ...
- Federer Outrallies Nadal In Wimbledon SFs, Will Meet Djokovic For Title
- Who would have believed that on a "slow" grass court an aging, near-38 Roger Federer would out rally the king of the baseline, Rafael Nadal? Well, that's what happened this afternoon in the Wimbledon semifinals.
In a very ...
- Federer, Nadal Back In Wimbledon SFs; Djokovic Romps, Will Face Bautista Agut
- For the second straight Grand Slam, longtime legendary rivals Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will meet in the semifinals, this time at Wimbledon for the first time in 11 years.
Both tennis greats were on late on quarterfin...
- Federer, Nadal Fly Past Frenchmen Into Wimbledon 4th RD; Querrey Cruising
- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal had little trouble today handling their French opposition at Wimbledon.
Nadal was on first and all but destroyed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 in well under two hours. Nadal never faced a ...
- Pliskova Captures Eastbourne Crown Over Kerber
- Karolina Pliskova showed why she is among he top Wimbledon favorites after taking her second Eastbourne title Saturday beating Angelique Kerber 6-1, 6-4.
"Especially on the grass, this serve is working. My game I think fro...
- Federer A PeRFect 10 In Halle, Beats Goffin
- n the title ten times," Federer told the crowd.
The 37-year-old Halle's haul eclipsed his nine trophies at Basel.
"It’s amazing. For some reason I didn’t think I was going to make it anymore. Didn’t think of it mu...
- Federer Holds Off Tsonga In Halle, Gets Bautista Agut Friday
- Roger Federer hung on in Halle to deny rival Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6(5), 4-6, 7-5 to advance to the quarterfinals. Tsonga got a break to take the second then had chances in the third but was unable to capitalize.
“I had a...