The latest Birmingham tournament news:
- Muguruza Rallies Past Jabeur For Chicago Title
- who upset top seed Elina Svitolina in the quarters, was seeking her second career WTA title after her win in Birmingham in June.
Muguruza also rises to 6th in the WTA Race for Guadalajara next month.
- Serena Injured, Barty, Coco, Venus Advance At Wet Wimbledon
- -5, 4-6, 6-3. The 41-year-old Venus is playing her 23rd career Wimbledon and 90th Grand Slam. She'll now face Birmingham winner Ons Jabeur on Wednesday in the second round.
Also winning on a wet Tuesday, which saw over 2 hours ...
- Ostapenko Back In Win Column After Title In Eastbourne Over Kontaveit
- route, it was no easy round for the Latvian wildcard who eliminated French finalist Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Birmingham finalists Ons Jabuer and Daria Kasatkina, and then in the semifinals Elena Rybakina.
"I think I was honest...
- Jabeur Defeats Kasatkina In Birmingham, Becomes First Arab Woman To Win A WTA Title
- Ons Jabeur made history Sunday in Birmingham. The 26-year-old Jabeur bested Daria Kasatkina 7-5, 6-4 to win her first career title and become the first Arab woman to capture a tour trophy.
"I knew I had to go for it, I had to w...
- Samsonova The Surprise Berlin Champion, Beats Bencic For First WTA Title
- omes the 10th first-time winner of 2021 on the WTA tour, and second of the week after Ons Jabeur's big win in Birmingham. The last qualifier to win a title was Clara Tauson earlier this year in Lyon.
Bencic falls to 4-8 in WTA ...
- Gauff Collects Second Title Beating Wang In Parma
- gest player to sweep the singles and doubles titles at an event since Maria Sharapova won both titles at 2004 Birmingham.
"I feel like all week I just was thinking about it," Gauff added. "Especially when we got to the semifina...
- With New Coach Ivanisevic, Djokovic Opens Play Monday At Wimbledon; Venus v 15-Year-Old Gauff
- a opens against Yulia Putintseva who has two wins this year over the former No. 1, including just recently at Birmingham.
"It's been kind of tough, especially since it's way more unpredictable than clay," Osaka said of her tran...
- Barty Beats Goerges To Win Birmingham And Claim No. 1 Ranking
- The WTA will have a new No. 1 player tomorrow as Ash Barty will takeover the top spot after claiming the Birmingham title with a 6-3, 7-5 win.
Barty becomes the 27th woman to reach No. 1 and the second Australian to do it since...