|Former Men's Bucharest Tennis Champions:
2009 Albert Montanes
2008 Gilles Simon
2007 Gilles Simon
2006 Jurgen Melzer
2005 Florent Serra
2004 Jose Acasuso
2003 David Sanchez
2002 David Ferrer
2001 Younes El Aynaoui
2000 Juan Balcells
1999 Alberto Martin
1998 Francisco Clavet
1997 Richard Fromberg
1996 Alberto Berasategui
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Franco Davin
1993 Goran Ivanisevic
The latest Bucharest tournament news:
- Pro Tennis Suspension Extends Until August
- urg, Bastad, Newport, Los Cabos, Gstaad, Umag, Atlanta and Kitzbuhel. The WTA has suspended Bastad, Lausanne, Bucharest and Jurmala, also which were to be held in July but the July 20 Palermo event is still active.
- Sevastova Makes Comeback On Kawa To Win Jurmala
- a final time to lead 3-2 in the third. And that was it. She wins her fourth career WTA title, her first since Bucharest last summer.
"Every match I had a responsibility. Every match here was like a final," said Sevastova who o...
- Croats Cilic, Coric Lead Way In Budapest; Lajovic Looks To Keep Momentum
- returns to face youngster Miomir Kecmanovic.
This is just the third year of the event after it was held in Bucharest. ...
- Sevastova Moving Up After WTA Bucharest Title
- Top 20 after wining her third career title on Sunday, beating No. 4 seed Petra Martic 7-6(4), 6-2 for the BRD Bucharest Open title.
"I feel very happy," Sevastova said. "I need some time to enjoy it. It's always like this. It...
- Begu Defends Home Turf at WTA Bucharest, Also Claims Doubles
- st title of the year in her home country, recording a 6-3, 7-5 win over Julia Goerges in the final of the BRD Bucharest Open on Sunday.
It was her fourth career title and first on clay, and she also won the doubles title.
- Top-Seeded Sevastova Tries to Forget Double Bagel This Week at WTA Bucharest
- to get some dirt court wins prior to the start of the U.S. summer hardcourt season.
The seeds at the BRD Bucharest Open, all ranked outside the Top 15, are Anastasija Sevastova, Carla Suarez Navarro, Julia Goerges, Elise Mer...
- Murray, Verdasco To Meet In Dubai Final
- -year history of event and also claim his 45th career title. Verdasco is seeking an 8th title and first since Bucharest last year. The lefty is also bidding to beat a World No. 1 for a first time in 12 tries (0-4 vs Roger Federer...
- Federer Wins ATP Fans' Favorite, Sportsmanship Award; Del Potro Named Comeback Player Of Year
- t the Moselle Open, five months after reaching his first tour-level final at the BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy in Bucharest. In between, he reached consecutive Grand Slam quarter-finals at Wimbledon and the US Open and an ATP World T...