- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Kontaveit Crushes Muguruza In Moscow; Halep, Sabalenka Fall
- terina Alexandrova 6-3, 6-4. Alexandrova is now 2-2 against the Belarussian who hasn't made a final since her Madrid title in May.
Former No. 1 Simona Halep also fell going down to the higher seed Maria Sakkari 6-4, 6-4. Ha...
- Badosa, Jabeur Advance To Indian Wells SF; Azarenka v Ostapenko Fri.
- ve. The German came back to level at 5-all but Badosa got it done to reach her second Masters semifinal after Madrid earlier this year.
The 23-year-old Spaniard is also very much in the hunt for the WTA finals now. And she'...
- Medvedev, Tsitsipas Set QF French Open Showdown, Federer Out; Nadal v Sinner Mon.
- Daniil Medvedev was on Lenglen and in what was expected to be a tough encounter with guy who just beat him in Madrid, Cristian Garin, wasn't. Medvedev reached his first French quarter blowing out the Chilean 6-2, 6-1, 7-5.
- French Open Begins With Osaka, Thiem, Tsitsipas, Zverev Headlining Play
- es in off a nice win over Roger Federer in Geneva earlier this month.
The men's draw also sees action from Madrid champion Alexander Zverev, former US Open finalist Kei Nishikori, Cristian Garin, Gilles Simon and Karen Khac...
- Rafael Nadal Assesses "Dangerous" First Round Foe Alexei Popyrin At French Open
- is bid for a 14th trophy either Monday or Tuesday in Paris against Alexei Popyrin. Nadal just beat Popyrin in Madrid earlier this month with ease 6-3, 6-3, but knows the danger the Australian presents.
"He's young, he has t...
- French Open Men's Preview: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic Land In Same Half; Who's The Pick?
- Rafael Nadal
DOMINIC THIEM QUARTER
It feels like Alexander Zverev is starting to turn that corner. He won Madrid, had a tough loss to Rafa in Rome, made the US Open finals. If his serve is on track, he's going to do big th...
- After Win, Ab Injury Forces Bianca Andreescu Out Of Strasbourg
- tly how I wanted to.
"So I’m really happy with these two matches before the French."
Andreescu missed Madrid and Rome after a positive COVID test.
The 20-year-old has had a slew of injuries which have kept her off ...
- Badosa Wins First Career Title In Belgrade Over Injured Konjuh
- uite well."
This spring clay season, Badosa has now won 13 of 15 matches with semifinals in Charleston and Madrid. She began April ranked outside the Top 70, and she'll now move to a new career-high into the Top 35. ...