- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Roger Federer To Play Just French Open During 2020 Clay Season
- tion from Tony Godsick that rumours are not true that @rogerfederer will play Masters-Tournaments in Rome and Madrid 2020. Probably only Roland Garros on clay— rene stauffer (@staffsky) February 13, 2020
Last year, i...
- 2020 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Dominic Thiem
- recent 5 meetings, Thiem has won 4, with his only defeat to Djokovic in that time coming in the semifinals at Madrid-1000 last year.
SUNDAY AUSTRALIAN OPEN SCHEDULE
Men's Doubles Final
(12) R. Ram/J. Salisury v (WC) ...
- Spain Sweeps Canada For Sixth Davis Cup Title
- Cup title. Under the new format, the ties this week were reduced to just three best-of-3 set matches, and in Madrid it was the veteran Spaniards winning both singles to clinch their sixth Davis Cup crown.
Playing with a he...
- Nadal Leads Spain Into Davis Cup Final Against Surprising Canada
- Playing in front of his home fans in Madrid, Rafael Nadal hasn't disappointed this week and today he helped Spain reached the Davis Cup final with a 2-1 win over Great Britain.
After Kyle Edmund upended Feliciano Lopez 6-3,...
- Nadal, Djokovic Lead Their Countries In Davis Cup QFs
- es finishing 5-1 in rubbers. Spain will now take on Argentina who will put Diego Schwartzman against Nadal in Madrid. Rafa won all 3 of his rubbers.
Spain has never lost to Argentina in the Davis Cup.
Novak Djokovic won ...
- Canada Upsets Italy, Russians Win; Nadal Today In Davis Cup
- The newly revamped Davis Cup finals got underway yesterday in Madrid, Spain. Led by Karen Khachanov and Andrey Rublev, Russia blew past Croatia 3-0.
"When you play, not only for yourself but your country, you need to give e...
- Davis Cup Final: Djokovic, Nadal, Murray Among The Stars Playing This Week In Madrid
- The new Davis Cup opens Monday in Madrid with three ties already underway in the Spanish capital.
The revamped World Cup-style format features 18 countries split into six groups. Each country will play three ties from Monda...
- Flawless Federer Eliminates Djokovic From ATP Finals; Nadal Finishes No. 1
- lbow which seemed to flare up during the match.
“I hope it's nothing that will make me unable me to play Madrid. The pain was pretty sharp,” Djokovic said or his elbow. “But I could play the rest of the match. If I ha...