- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Alcaraz Rolls Past Zverev, Medvedev Keeps Rublev Winless In Slam QFs
- ight marathon win over Jannick Sinner to make a match of it.
"The last time I played against Zverev was in Madrid this year. He said he wasn't ready to play at his best and I was sad about it. We've had some big fights and ...
- Swiatek Dominates Collins, Gauff Rolls, Venus Falls At Cincinnati Masters
- in San Jose last year.
No. 3 Pegula locks up with Bouzkova. Pegula is up on leads Bouzkova 2-1 winning in Madrid in May. Madrid R32.
Rybakina gets Paolini, No. 5 Ons Jabeur takes on Vekic, Sakkari facesMuchova and Vondr...
- Sinner Stops Paul, Will Face De Minaur For First Masters Title At Canadian Open
- four of their tour-level head-to-head meetings when facing De Minaur dropping just one set. They last met in Madrid last year.
"It would be a huge milestone," De Minaur said. "This year, being able to get a 500 in Acapulco...
- Rybakina Survives Cornet Test, Svitolina Wins; Swiatek, Sabalenka Friday
Tomorrow, No. 1 Iga Swiatek clashes with No. 30 Petra Martic. Swiatek leads 2-0 winning recently in Madrid.
No. 2 Aryna Sabalenka draws Varvara Gracheva in a first-time tour-level clash
Pegula battles Elisabett...
- Djokovic v Alcaraz, Ruud v Zverev; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- jokovic v Alcaraz.
On to my picks.
Novak Djokovic v Carlos Alcaraz
They met once in a good one at the Madrid Masters last year, also in the semifinals, and I'm sure that has got Novak's attention. Alcaraz won that on a...
- Favorites Djokovic, Alcaraz Open With 3 Set Wins; Rune, Ruud Medvedev Tues At French Open
- is Shapovalov edged American 21-year-old Brandon Nakashima 6-4, 7-5, 4-6, 3-6, 6-3.
Jiri Lehecka took out Madrid finalist Jan-Lennard Struff in 7-5, 1-6, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1. And Argentina's Diego Schwartzman got a much-needed g...
- Rafa-Less Roland Garros Begins Djokovic's Summer Of History; French Open Picks & Pans
- ing Czech Jiri Lehecka and Dusan Lajovic and I'll add in Jan-Lennard Struff who played so well at altitude in Madrid. But I like the trend here at that's Rune.
The Pick: Holger Rune
DANIIL MEDVEDEV QUARTER
- Svitolina Soars To First Title As A Mom, Bests Blinkova In Strasbourg
- h in Charleston and then played a Swiss ITF level event, then Portugal before returning at tour-level for the Madrid Masters where she lost first round. She also lost her Rome opener but in between found some form making the S...