|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Djokovic Sets Up Medvedev Cincinnati SF; Gasquet Advances
- ovic will get a crack at revenge Saturday in the Cincinnati semifinals against the man who knocked him out of Monte Carlo, Daniil Medvedev.
Djokovic set up the meeting after dispatching Lucas Pouille 7-6(2), 6-1 in a much, much ...
- Nadal Gets Pass To Canadian Open Montreal Final Against Medvedev
- I can pull it out.
Nadal and Medvedev have never played before, though Medvedev did beat Novak Djokovic in Monte Carlo and he's gone 5-1 in his last six against Top 10 players.
"Of course it's extra special. I played Novak an...
- Nadal Knocks Out Fognini In Montreal; Russians Medvedev, Khachanov To Meet In SF
- Rafael Nadal avenged a shock Monte Carlo loss to Fabio Fognini by beating the Italian Friday night in Montreal 2-6, 6-1, 6-2.
"It was an up-and-down match, but a positive match for me," Nadal assessed. "I have been playing bette...
- Nadal Rolls Into Canadian QFs, Khachanov Spoils Auger-Aliassime's Birthday
- having chances to be through.”
Nadal has won 11 of 15 against the Italian. But Fognini just beat him in Monte Carlo in April.
Joining Nadal in the quarterfinals was another former champion, Alexander Zverev. The German was...
- Federer, Nadal On Brink Of Wimbledon Semifinal Wednesday; Djokovic Looks Good
- is appearing in his first Wimbledon quarterfinal, third at a Slam, and but Djokovic in their last meeting at Monte Carlo two years.
But Djokovic is soaring, having dropped just one set and having won his last 11 matches at Wimb...
- Djokovic The Destroyer Into French QFs, Zverev Next; Federer v Wawrinka Tomorrow
- miliar sight of Alexander Zverev who returned to the final eight after a tough 3-6, 6-2, 6-2, 7-6(5) win over Monte Carlo champion Fabio Fognini.
“I didn't start well and he did. He played very aggressive, hitting the ball ver...
- Wawrinka Wins Epic Over Tsitsipas At French; Federer, Nadal Cruise Into QFs
- straight French sweet 16. Alexander Zverev hopes to keep his recent run going against the guy who beat him in Monte Carlo, Fabio Fognini. And 2018 runner-up Dominic Thiem returns to take on French favorite Gael Monfils.
- Djokovic, Delpo, Favorites Keep Winning In Men's Draw At The French Open; Wawrinka-Tsitsipas Sun.
- each his first Slam 16.
Fabio Fognini dispatched Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut 7-6(5), 6-4, 4-6, 6-1. The Monte Carlo champion now faces Alexander Zverev. Zverev cruised early, fell apart, but then rolled in the end with a 6-4,...