|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Zverev Tops Thiem, Rublev Wins In Halle; Medvedev, Tsitsipas Back Tomorrow
No. 2 Stefanos Tsitsipas draws Nicolas Jarry having also split two collisions on tour. Tsitsipas won in Monte Carlo in April.
Bautista Agut will challenge Brandon Nakashima, Zverev locks up with Denis Shapovalov plus Jan-L...
- Tiafoe Saves Matchpoint, Takes Stuttgart Over Struff, Will Crack Top 10
- puts him into the Top 10 for a first time.
Struff was seeking his 1st career title. He was just a surprise Monte Carlo finalist in April.
- Goran Ivanisevic: I Think Novak Has Many More Grand Slam Titles Ahead
- f the team philosophy. "I don't know how many, but yeah, I think he has in his body a lot more.
"I said in Monte Carlo, I don't count these tournaments. Monte-Carlo, Rome, anything. Only tournament that count is this one. He has...
- Sinner Out, Ruud, Zverev, Top Americans Win; Djokovic, Alcaraz v Shapovalov Ahead
- kovic has won two of three tour-level meetings against Davidovich Fokina with the Spaniard winning on clay in Monte Carlo last year.
Also, No. 5 Stefanos Tsitsipas takes on Diego Schwartzman, No. 7 Andrey Rublev faces Lorenzo So...
- Tsitsipas Survives Vesely Challenge At French Open; Alcaraz, Djokovic Mon.
- s and finally play more than three or four shots. That was it.”
Andrey Rublev also needed four sets. The Monte Carlo champion advanced past Laslo Djere 6-1, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.
Fellow Russian Karen Khachanov authored his third c...
- Rafa-Less Roland Garros Begins Djokovic's Summer Of History; French Open Picks & Pans
- andro Davidovich Fokina and Roberto Bautista Agut plus in the quarters Andrey Rublev who's been MIA since his Monte Carlo title. In best-of-3 at say the Masters level, anything can happen.
But in best-of-5 with high stakes and ...
- French Open Men's Draw Preview: Djokovic Lands With Alcaraz; Sinner, Rune Bottom Half Picks
- ut that's in the quarters, otherwise it's Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina and Roberto Bautista Agut. The Monte Carlo champion Rublev could be tested by Laslo Djere, Lorenzo Sonego and possible countryman Karen Khachanov.
- Longer Masters Events Got You Down? Sorry, It's Here To Stay
- h, 45 days from Australia and at a close to the hard court first quarter. Madrid/Rome comes a few weeks after Monte Carlo and a week before the French. It's quite claustrophobic. It can be tennis overload.
And with the Rome rain...