The latest Tianjin tournament news:
- Maria Sharapova Announces Retirement
- Slam), most recently winning the 2014 French Open. She amassed 36 career titles with her final trophy at 2017 Tianjin and held the No. 1 ranking for 21 weeks.
Tennis showed me the world—and it showed me what I was made of....
- Peterson Beats Watson For Tianjing Title
- Swede Rebecca Peterson collected her second career title during this Asian swing taking Tianjin over Heather Watson 6-4, 6-4.
"I got my first title in Nanchang just a couple of weeks ago, and now I’ve got my second title ...
- Garcia Beats Pliskova in Marathon 1st Set for WTA Tianjin Crown
- Garcia, in the second-to-last regular-season week of the year, won her first title of 2018 on Sunday, in the Tianjin Open final beating former No. 1 and top seed Karolina Pliskova 7-6(7), 6-3.
"The emotion and the feeling ...
- Maria Sharapova's 2018 Season Is Over
- r No. 1 and 5-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova has shut down her 2018 season, withdrawing from Beijing, Tianjin and Moscow.
"Unfortunately as I recover from my right shoulder injury, I am withdrawing from Beijing, Tian...
- Sabalenka Wins WTA New Haven for 1st Career Title
- ve to do it again. This is how I feel right now."
She improved to 1-2 in career finals after losing in the Tianjin championship to Maria Sharapova, and in Eastbourne losing to Caroline Wozniacki.
Sabalenka is projected to...
- Sharapova Sliced Up by Niculescu 1st Rd. at WTA Doha -- What of Maria?
- has failed to walk the walk of a champion.
Last year she was 16-7 on tour, winning one title at the small Tianjin event, and losing in the first round in her last event of the year at Moscow.
This year she has a 5-3 win-...
- Sharapova Beats Shaky Competition in China for 1st WTA Title in More than Two Years
- ore than two years on Sunday, defeating unheralded Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus 7-5, 7-6(8) in the final of the Tianjin Open.
"It is a special title, a special victory," Sharapova said after beating one player ranked in the T...
- Peng Wins Jiangxi Open; Teens Making WTA Debut Win Doubles
- ch, while Peng kept a tidy 13 unforced errors to eight winners. It was her second career title after the 2016 Tianjin Open.
The WTA was apparently unable to secure an interpreter, as no quotes from the winner or runner-up we...