- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Djokovic Withdraws From Canadian Open
- is fifth title in Canada against foes like Dominic Thiem, Alexander Zverev and Kei Nishikori.
And with the Tokyo Olympics coming up, it's doubtful the top players (who are also getting older!) would play in Canada next yea...
- Nishikori Oustlasts Medvedev In Brisbane For First Title In Nearly Three Years
- nd being] very happy and healthy is one of the best keys for me."
Medvedev, who beat Nishikori in the 2018 Tokyo final, was bidding for a 4th career title.
"If Kei plays like this, he is going to have a lot of success i...
- Roger Federer Undecided On Clay Season, French Open
- ince 2016, and hasn't made an appearance at the French Open since 2015.
The 37-year-old also said the 2020 Tokyo Olympics are not an immediate goal. "I never said that," he explained. ...
- Anderson Wins Vienna, Clinches ATP Finals Spot, Keeps Nishikori Winless Streak Alive
- re his big serving made the difference.
Nishikori fell to 11-14 in career finals, also losing this year at Tokyo and Monte Carlo. Last year he was 0-2 in finals.
- Federer Opens Shanghai Title Defense With 3 Set Win; Del Potro, Zverev Also Winners
- Roger Federer opened his Shanghai title defense with a tough 3-set 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 win over recent Tokyo champion Daniil Medvedev. Federer, who was playing in his first official tour match since the US Open, broke at 4-all in t...
- Djokovic Wins, Cilic Out; Defending Camp Federer v Medvedev Wed.
- ing American qualifier Bradley Klahn.
Weekend winners Nikolaz Basilishvili and Daniil Medvedev stayed hot. Tokyo champ Basilishvili ousted Denis Shapovalov and Medvedev, who won Beijing, needed a final set breaker to beat ...
- Federer, Djokovic, Del Potro Lead Shanghai Field; Wawrinka-Coric Monday
- No. 2 seed. Del Potro is projected to meet Federer in the semifinals.
The Swiss opens play against either Tokyo champion Daniil Medvedev or wildcard Zhang Ze. Milos Raonic could await in the third round, then Kei Nishikor...
- Medvedev Stuns Home Favorite Nishikori In Tokyo Final
- r Daniil Medvedev stunned Japanese favorite Kei Nishikori 6-2, 6-4 to capture his biggest career title in the Tokyo final on Sunday.
"I'm just really happy. I've been showing amazing tennis here. I'm happy that what I have...