- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Vondrousova Completes Stunning Run At Wimbledon, Wins First Grand Slam Denying Jabeur
- ss, just try to win couple of matches. Then this happened," she said.
Playing in her first final since the Tokyo Olympics, Vondrousova came out behind in a nervy start for both players on Centre which had the roof closed d...
- Jabeur Back In Wimbledon Final, Ends Sabalenka's #1 Hopes; Vondrousova Upends Svitolina
- ile Vondrousova her second and first since way back in 2017 Biel on hardcourt. It's her first final since her Tokyo Olympics gold medal match.
"You know what to do," Vondrousova said of having the experience of a Slam fina...
- Sabalenka Unlocks Keys, Jabeur Gains Revenge On Rybakina At Wimbledon; Women's SF Thurs.
- lina Svitolina takes on Marketa Vondrousova in a 6th meeting. The two last meet in the Olympics semifinals in Tokyo with the Czech moving on and eventually winning the bronze.
THURSDAY WIMBLEDON SEMIFINAL SCHEDULE
- Power Players Sabalenka, Rybakina Rolls In Berlin Openers, Defending Champ Jabeur Upset
In second round play tomorrow, Rybakina will meet Donna Vekic. Rybakina won their only meeting at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
No. 3 Caroline Garcia will meet Jaimee Fourlis in a first-time tour-level contest
No. 6 Maria...
- Berrettini Returns From Ab Injury, Wins 3 Games v Bestie Sonego In Stuttgart; Kyrgios Retuns
- her O'Connell and Jan-Lennard Struff locks up with Zhizhen Zhang.
Kyrgios is playing his first event since Tokyo last fall. He had surgery on his left knee in January.
“I wouldn’t say it was major surgery, but I had...
- Rybakina, Ostapenko Winners At Rome Masters; Swiatek Delayed Due To Rain
- sees the start of the quarterfinals. Kudermetova gets Zheng. Zheng came out ahead in their lone collision in Tokyo last year.
And Haddad Maia clashes with Kalinina. Kalinina won their lone contest last year in Miami. ...
- Frances Tiafoe Wants To Become A Grand Slam Champion: "I Will Sleep Well At Night"
- e I was like, Okay, I can play with these guys for real when I’m locked in."
He ended last season with a Tokyo final and a Paris Masters quarters. He's now into his first Masters semifinal and he rolls in without droppin...
- Garcia Overwhelms Mertens, Will Meet Vekic For Monterrey Title
- to-head, Vekic has the better of Garcia 4-2 in their tour-level meetings. But they haven't met since the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
"Donna is having an amazing beginning of the year and a strong end of the year last year also," ...