- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Serena Set For Rome Return This Week, But Unsure Over Olympics
- raining, very intense."
The big news from the presser was her non-committal to the Olympics this summer in Tokyo. The 4-time gold medalist always targets the Olympics, but due to the COVID restrictions which could prevent ...
- Goffin Beats Bautista Agut For Montpellier Title
- gut 5-7, 6-4, 6-2 in the final Sunday in Montpellier, France.
The title was the Belgian's first since 2017 Tokyo where he beat Adrian Mannarino. He had lost three straight finals since.
“It’s never easy to win tourn...
- Djokovic Tops Zverev To Set Blockbuster SF Field At ATP Finals; Nadal v Medvedev
- oach from 4-3, served well when I needed to to close out the match.”
Zverev finished the year 1-2 in the Tokyo Group, but came on strong the last few months of the year including the US Open final.
“It was a great y...
- Medvedev Hammers Djokovic At ATP Finals; Nadal v Tsitsipas In Elimination Match
- minutes or so. You know, against a player like Medvedev, the match is done.”
While Medvedev has won the Tokyo Group, Djokovic will now have to beat Alexander Zverev on Friday to stay in the event.
2018 champion Zver...
- ATP Finals Preview: Youngsters Try To Keep Title From Favorites Djokovic, Nadal
- An abbreviated 2020 season comes to a close this week at the ATP Finals which will be played in London for a last time.
Because of the rankings freeze, the field is not much different than last year with Novak Djokovic, Ra...
- 2020 ATP Finals Groups: No. 1 Djokovic Favored; Nadal Seeks First Year-End Title
- so can the youngsters retain the crown?
And how will playing in a fanless arena impact the event?
Group Tokyo 1970
Group London 2020
- US Open For North American Players, French Open For European?
- n culminating with the French for the Europeans.
Asians might have to waiting until October and a possible Tokyo, Shanghai, Wuhan Beijing swing. Then, perhaps some indoor events, although they seem unlikely right now. And ...
- Olympics And Tennis Competition Postponed Until 2021
- Coronavirus. Today, the Olympics made it officials cancelling the games which were to be held in late July in Tokyo. That also means no Olympic tennis this summer.
"In the present circumstances and based on the information...