The latest US Open tournament news:
- Muguruza Stops Clijsters' Comeback In Dubai
- a 6-2, 7-6(6) loss in the opening round in Dubai on Monday.
Playing in her first WTA match since the 2012 US Open, the 36-year-old Clijsters was rattled early falling behind 6-2, 3-0. But the 3-time Grand Slam champion moun...
- Kim Clijsters Makes Return To Tennis In Dubai; 6 Of Top 10 Entered
- o play in Australian again, though.
Her last event was was a second round loss to Laura Robson at the 2012 US Open.
"The love for the sport is obviously still there," Clijsters told the WTA in September. "But the question...
- USA Survives Latvian Upset Bid In Fed Cup, Serena Loses
- p winners contesting the semifinals before the final on Sunday, April 19.
Switzerland defeated Canada 3-1. US Open champion Bianca Andreescu did not play singles but appeared in doubles in a loss.
Slovakia also ousted Gre...
- 2020 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Dominic Thiem
- his 30th birthday on 22 May 2017, Djokovic has won 4 major titles – at Wimbledon in 2018 and 2019, the 2018 US Open and here last year.
* Djokovic is bidding to win his 78th Tour-level singles title and claim sole ownership ...
- Stunning Kenin Captures Australian Open Title Over Muguruza
Kenin becomes the youngest American woman to win a Slam since 20-year-old Serena Williams at the 2002 US Open. Now, she'll be ranked ahead of the 23-time Grand Slam champion on Monday.
Muguruza, aiming to become the ...
- Federer Survives Tennys Test, Djokovic Next; Nadal v Thiem In QF
- leads 9-4 including wins in the last two French Open finals. But Thiem took Rafa to five in a thrilling 2018 US Open quarter. ...
- Nadal Sharp, Kyrgios Wins Epic At Australian Open; Federer, Djokovic Return Sun.
- but held off the American in the fourth to win 6-2, 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-4.
"Somehow in the meetings so far, the US Open and here, I pulled myself out of very close situations," Thiem said of his 3-1 record over Fritz. "In the Lav...
- Federer Fights Past Millman At Australian Open, Tsitsipas Tsent Off; Aussies Face Russians
Roger Federer dropped the opener in his rematch with Australian John Millman who beat the Swiss at the US Open in 2018. Federer came back in the second set in a break and then gained control with the third set.