Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; trainer is Esther Lee; previously coached by Rick Macci
- Began playing tennis at age 5 at public courts in Compton, California
- Is youngest of five girls: Lyndrea, Isha, Yetunde (deceased September 14, 2003), Venus
- Has participated in many clinics; makes numerous appearances at schools and charitable and community organizations, particularly those which target programs for at-risk youth
- Interested in fashion and acting; opened her own clothing line (Aneres) and often wears her own designs
- Favorite author is Maya Angelou
- Hobbies are watching movies and football, reading, acting, talking on the phone, spending time with family and friends
- Self-described as humorous with a great personality
- Favorite place to visit is Italy
- Likes to listen to Mariah Carey, Brandy
- Debuted custom-designed Nike apparel line in Paris in May 2004.
Return to > Players > S > Serena Williams Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Serena Williams Pictures)