Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; also working with Patrick Mouratoglou; trainer is Esther Lee
- Youngest of five sisters: Lyndrea, Isha, Yetunde (deceased September 14, 2003) and Venus
- Began playing at age 5 at public courts in Compton, California
- Has devoted a lot of time and money to charity, including opening two Serena Williams Secondary Schools in Kenya (one in 2008, one in 2010); touring Lagos and Johannesburg with sister Venus for 'Breaking The Mould' tour (in 2012); UNICEF International Goodwill Ambassador; and has also made many other appearances at schools and community organizations, particularly those which target at-risk youth
- Has always been interested in fashion, with a custom-designed Nike apparel line, her own clothing line (Aneres) and most recently her successful HSN collection of handbags and jewelry (Serena Williams Signature Statement)
- Favorite author is Maya Angelou
- Likes to listen to Mariah Carey, Brandy
- Favorite place to visit is Paris
- Also enjoys acting, watching movies and football, reading, talking on the phone and spending time with family and friends.
Return to > Players > S > Serena Williams Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Serena Williams Pictures)