Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Currently without a coach
- Favorite surface is hard court
- Father, Vladimir, is an engineer; mother, Lina, is a school teacher; brother, Dmitriy, owns a construction business
- Has collection of teddy bears
- Nickname is Alinka
- Besides playing tennis also co-owner with partner Sascha Ghods in the e-commerce business BeMyPearl.com
- Hobbies include music, going out, reading
- Other sports interests include ice skating, gymnastics
- Favorites include book Memoirs of a Geisha, movie Far and Away, Italian foods and her mom's borscht (Russian soup)
- Favorite cities are Rome (for its culture, food and beauty), Moscow (because it is the soul of Russia), Vienna (for its music)
- Most memorable tennis experiences were playing Davenport for first time at Australian Open and beating Serena Williams at 2004 Linz
- Most memorable non-tennis experience was her first trip outside of Russia at the age of 12 when she went to Italy.
Return to > Players > A > Alina Jidkova Profile (Biography) (Alina Jidkova Pictures)