Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- The South African-born Aussie began playing tennis at age seven at Bruce Larkham's tennis complex in Canberra
- Youngest son of father, David, a civil engineer, and Susan, a housewife
- Enjoys playing rugby, soccer, basketball and cricket
- Made his acting debut in the movie "Wimbledon" released in September 2004 and played fictional player Tom Cavendish
- Made his second main draw Grand Slam appearance in 2004 at Australian Open and lost in first round to countryman Chris Guccione
- Earned a wild card with success in Aussie Futures and Challengers in late 2003 when he won two tournaments
- In 2007, earned a wild card into US Open and battled No. 2 Rafael Nadal to four sets in opening round.
Return to > Players > A > Alun Jones Profile (Biography) (Alun Jones Pictures)