Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is David Pablo Nalbandian
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Comes from Cordoba, second-largest city in Argentina
- Father, Norberto, is deceased; mother, Alda, is a housewife; brothers, Javier and Dario, who is a tennis coach
- His Armenian grandfather built a cement court in his backyard, where David learned to play against his two older brothers
- Hobbies are fishing and watching rally races, a tradition in Cordoba (spent one week in 2001 in San Remo)
- Enjoys fishing, playing soccer and big fan of River Plate team.
Compiled outstanding junior results, winning US Open title (d. Federer) and Eddie Herr International in 1998, runner-up at Roland Garros (l. to countryman Coria) and SF at Wimbledon in 1999
- Won Wimbledon junior doubles title in ‘99 (w/Coria)
- Finished No. 3 in singles and No. 6 in doubles in 1998 junior world rankings
- .Favorite bands are U2 and Coldplay
- Went bungee jumping in Vienna on Oct. 13, 2004 from the 152 meter high Danube Tower
- In 2002, went swimming with sharks in Melbourne.
Named one of “50 Most Beautiful in the World” in People en Espanol in June 2005
- In September 2007, partnered professional driver Marcos Ligato and launched Tango Rally Team, which competed at the Rally World Championships in Andalgala, a small city of Catamarca, in northeast Argentina
- He was not expected to get into a car – he merely came to support his team in Andalgala Masters
- But he drove a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX and lost a knockout round against fellow Argentine and would-be champion Alejandro Cancio, who defeated Ligato in the finals (route was almost one-mile long)
- Established David Nalbandian Foundation, which provides programs and projects for people with disabilities, oriented towards health and sports
- Coached by countryman and former ATP pro Luis Lobo (since March 2009) and fitness trainer is Mariano Seara.
Return to > Players > D > David Nalbandian Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (David Nalbandian Pictures)