Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age 7 with his brother, Thomas (28), who is in Denmark studying to be a psychologist
- Parents, Peter, is a doctor and Gitte, is a teacher, and they reside in Dubai
- He has lived there since 2004
- Hobbies include golf, computers, listening to music, and reading books
- Favorite soccer team is Odense (a Danish club)
- Compiled an incredible junior career, becoming first Dane to finish as No. 1 junior in world in singles in 1999 (No. 3 in doubles)
- Captured Australian Open juniors singles (d. Youzhny) and doubles title (w/Melzer), won Italian Open and reached final at Wimbledon (l. to Melzer) and US Open (l. to Nieminen) in ‘99
- Ranked No. 7 in ‘98
- Trained at Saddlebrook Academy in Tampa from 1997-2000 before moving to Monte-Carlo in 2001
- Used to practice with Pete Sampras and Jennifer Capriati at Saddlebrook
- Prefers to play on fast surfaces, and his favorite shots are serve and forehand
- Played in 2000 Sydney Olympics and lost to Philippoussis in 2nd RD
- Member of Danish Davis Cup team and has a 12-6 career record (11-2 in singles) in seven ties
- Coached by countryman Lars Elvstrom (since Dec. 2006).
Return to > Players > K > Kristian Pless Profile (Biography)