Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age seven with his older brother Eduard (born June 1, 1970), who was a gifted player himself and has been a big influence in his career
- Parents Vladimir and Tatjana live in Volgograd, Russia
- Born in Severodonezk, Ukraine but at age of 15 moved to Salmtal, Germany
- Received Russian citizenship at 18 and moved back to Russia in early 2004
- His favorite players growing up were Ivan Lendl and Yannick Noah
- Enjoys fishing, soccer and hockey
- Considers clay and rebound ace (hard) his favorite surfaces and strength is his quickness
- Former Russian President Boris Yeltsin attended his title effort in Moscow in 2004 and his Davis Cup home ties in 2005
- Wife, Irina (married Nov. 25, 2006 in Moscow); daughter, Ekaterina, born on Apr. 17, 2012
- Coached by his brother Eduard (since 1992), whose son Philipp earned his 1st ATP Ranking point in 2012
- Works with fitness trainer Rolf Shaaf.
Return to > Players > N > Nikolay Davydenko Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Nikolay Davydenko Pictures)