Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Nicknamed "Shark"
- Father, Alain, is a tennis coach; mother, Marie Agnes, is a sports instructor; has one sister, Celine
- Pete Sampras was his idol growing up but also admires fellow countrymen Olivier Rochus, Xavier Malisse and Kristof Vliegen..Considers grass and hard courts his favorite surfaces although he won his first ATP title on clay
- His strengths are serve and forehand
- Supports Anderlecht soccer club in his country and enjoys fishing in his spare time
- Has a 1-4 career Davis Cup singles record in three ties
- Coached by countryman Reginald Willems.
Return to > Players > S > Steve Darcis Profile (Biography) (Steve Darcis Pictures)