Alexander Zverev Bio
- • Began playing tennis at age 5 and has suffered from diabetes since age 4. Created Alexander Zverev Foundation in 2022 to support children with diabetes and provide medication for those in developing countries with the condition.
- • Speaks German, Russian and English.
- • Daughter, Mayla.
- • Father, Alexander, and mother, Irina, are former pro tennis players who have served as his coach; brother, Mischa, also plays on ATP Tour. Family moved from Russia to Germany in 1991.
- • As a young child, traveled on tour with Mischa and idolised Roger Federer.
- • Got Federer's autograph as a 5-year-old and took a photo with him as an 11-year-old at 2008 Halle, which still hangs above his childhood bed. Federer won singles and Mischa won doubles title at 2008 Halle.
- • Lost 2019 exhibition to Federer in front of 42,517 fans in Mexico City (2nd-largest crowd in tennis history).
- • Named 2015 ATP Newcomer of the Year.
- • Big dog lover who travels around the world with his 2 dogs, Lovik and Junior (Lovik's son).
- • Avid football and basketball fan. Supports German national football team and Miami Heat (NBA).
- • Enjoys playing golf and video games (FIFA).
- • Rated the 16th-most marketable athlete in the world in 2019 by SportsPro.
- • Featured in Vogue's 2015 and 2017 September issue, and on cover of The Economist in 2018.
- • Donated $50,000 to bushfire relief in Australia -- $10,000 for each of his wins at 2020 Australian Open.
- • Tore 3 ligaments in right ankle during 2022 Roland Garros SF vs Rafael Nadal, undergoing surgery on 8 June 2022.
Biographical information from ATP. Information might not be up to date.
Return to > Players > A > Alexander Zverev Profile (Biography) (Alexander Zverev Pictures)