Mackenzie McDonald Bio
- • Nickname is Mackie.
- • Began playing tennis at age 3 with his dad.
- • Father, Michael, is an oral surgeon; mother, Vivian Young; sister, Dana Jones, was a gymnast and graduated from UCLA.
- • Coached as a young child by Rosie Bareis, then by former Top 10 player Wayne Ferreira from age of 11.
- • Attended Piedmont High School in California -- same high school as former World No. 4 Brad Gilbert.
- • Played college tennis at UCLA (2014-16), winning 2016 NCAA singles and doubles titles before turning pro. Finished 2016 college season as No. 1 singles and doubles player in nation.
- • If he wasn't playing on tour, he would be finishing his studies at UCLA.
- • Favourite shot is forehand, surface is hard court and tournament is US Open.
- • Idolised Roger Federer, NBA legend Kobe Bryant and former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden growing up.
- • Big fan of Golden State Warriors (NBA).
- • Underwent right hamstring surgery in June 2019. Voted ATP Comeback Player of the Year by his fellow players in 2021.
Biographical information from ATP. Information might not be up to date.
Return to > Players > M > Mackenzie McDonald Profile (Biography)