Tsvetana Pironkova - News and More
Do you like Tsvetana Pironkova?Coached by father, Kiril (former canoe champion) ... Mother, Radosveta, is a former swimming champion; has one brother, Encho, and one sister, Elisaveta ... In ... Read Full Bio
- Halep, Svitolina Wednesday Winners At French Open; Serena, Azarenka Out
- Garcia also were winners. On the down side, 3-time champion Serena Williams withdrew just hours before her rematch with Tsvetana Pironkova. Serena cited her Achilles for the reason. "I warmed up and it was a very short warm-up," Serena said. "I talked to my coach and I was l...
- Serena Williams Out Of French Open Due To Achilles
- bid for a 24th Slam at the French Open came to end today. The 39-year-old withdrew ahead of her second round clash against Tsvetana Pironkova due to an ongoing issue with her achilles she first injured in her US Open semifinal loss to Victoria Azarenka. "I really wanted to give...
- Djokovic Dominates In French Open Debut; Tsitsipas, Rublev Comes From 2 Sets Down
- finalists Andrey Rublev and Stefanos Tsitsipas both had to come from two sets down Tuesday to stay alive at the French Open. Rublev, who beat the Greek Sunday in German, lost two breakers to Sam Querrey before taking it 6-7(5), 6-7(4), 7-5, 6-4, 6-3 over the American. Not so...
- Pliskova, Kenin Claim 3-Set Wins At French Open; Serena, Halep in 2R Play Wed.
- Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Elina Svitolina are all in action as the second round begins on Wednesday. Serena will face Tsvetana Pironkova in a rematch of their 3-set US Open match. ...
- Muguruza Survives Scare At French Open; Serena, Kvitova Winners
- and I love the clay and I started playing like it, opening the court and moving and sliding." Serena now gets a rematch with Tsevtana Pironkova who took her to three sets earlier this month in New York. "She's playing well, but I am too," said Serena. "I'm ready to play her. She'...
- Serena Goes 3 Again, Reaches 11th Straight US Open SF, Hot Azarenka Next; Osaka v Brady SF
- 38-year-old came through to make her 11th straight US Open semifinals. The 6-time champion started out slow against fellow mother Tsvetana Pironkova but got going late in the second to cruise to a tougher-than-expected 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. The 32-year-old Pironokova survived an opened servi...
- Vera Zvonareva Interview - Wimbledon, June 29
- now. Q. What do you know about your semifinal opponent? Must be rather a surprise that you're not playing Venus, that you're playing Pironkova. VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, obviously Venus is going to be always one of the favorite players here at Wimbledon. But if Tsvetana beat her t...
- Tsvetana Pironkova Interview - Wimbledon, June 29
- Pironkova InterviewWimbledonTuesday, 29 June 2010Q. You said on your way off court you hoped it would be mentioned on the news back home. How will this be taken back there? TSVETANA PIRONKOVA: Well, I received quite a few phone calls. Everyone was so happy and excited. H...
- Pironkova Stuns Venus, Clijsters Also Upset in Wimbledon QFs; Serena in Charge