Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Currently without a coach
- Father, Chari, is a builder; mother, Saadat, is a high school music teacher; brother, Shokhrat, is a student; born and raised in Tashkent
- Began playing at age 10 when grandmother took her to local club
- As a child, also liked basketball (was asked to play on national junior team but declined)
- As a teenager, was part of the East Asia Grand Slam Development Fund through the ITF as well as the Tashkent State Fund; at age 18 was invited to be a member of the national tennis team; it was then she decided to make a career out of tennis
- Idolized Pete Sampras and Michael Jordan when growing up
- Works on improving her movement, which she classes as a weakness
- Best memories are winning 2005 Asian Tennis Championships, her first ITF title in India and her first WTA final at Tashkent
- Enjoys reading, surfing internet, playing basketball, watching soccer
- Studied International Tourism at Tashkent State University of Economics
- Collects giraffes (stuffed animals, wooden).
Return to > Players > A > Akgul Amanmuradova Profile (Biography) (Akgul Amanmuradova Pictures)