Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Juan Martin del Potro
- Nicknames are "Delpo", "la Torre de Tandil" or "the Tower"
- Began playing at age seven with coach Marcelo Gomez
- Comes from same hometown (Tandil) as ATP pros Mariano Zabaleta, Juan Monaco, Diego Junquiera and Maximo Gonzalez
- Father, Daniel, played semi-pro rugby in Argentina, and works as a veterinarian, and mother, Patricia, is a teacher
- Has one younger sister, Julieta
- Childhood idol was Pete Sampras
- Speaks Spanish, English and some Italian
- Supporter of Boca Juniors football team in Argentina and Juventus in Italy
- Favourite surface is hard courts
- Says if he wasn't a tennis player, would pursue a career in architecture
- After winning his first title in Stuttgart in July 2008, gave his CLK Mercedes-Benz to his sister, Julieta
- Named Comeback Player of the Year in 2011 after rising from a low of No. 485 to finish the season World No. 11
- On 3 January 2013, was honoured with a special mural in his hometown of Tandil, Argentina, commemorating his bronze medal performance at the London 2012 Olympics
- Fitness trainer is Martiniano Orazi.
Return to > Players > J > Juan Martin Del Potro Profile (Biography) (Juan Martin Del Potro Pictures)