Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is Lleyton Glynn Hewitt
- Played Australian Rules Football until age 13, then decided to pursue tennis career
- In brief junior ranks, ranked as No. 1 Aussie in 18-under division in 1996 and captured Australian National Grasscourts 18s that year
- Also Australian National Hardcourts 18s champion
- Enjoys golf and Australian Rules Football (Adelaide Crows fan)
- His father, Glynn, is a former Aussie Rules Football player and his mother, Cherilyn, was a physical education teacher
- Has one younger sister, Jaslyn (born Feb. 23, 1983), who was No. 1 junior in Australia in 2000, and won her first Challenger title in Canberra in 2004.
Good friend of fellow Aussie golfers Greg Norman and Aaron Baddeley
- Supporter of many children’s charitable foundations in Australia - the Starlight Foundation and the McGuinisses-McDermott Cancer Foundation, among others
- In August 2002, made Special Olympics his primary charitable cause by becoming a global ambassador for the organization with the primary mission of helping Special Olympics double their international membership by 2005 via clinics and public appearances as he travels the world; launched Special Olympics Tennis Program in Shanghai during 2002 Masters Cup; took part in Special Olympics World Summer Games in Dublin in 2003; and invites Special Olympics athletes to tennis tournaments, commercial shoots, and other personal appearances around the world.
The Australia Post launched a commemorative Lleyton Hewitt stamp in January 2002 prior to the Australian Open and in 2004 featured a Lleyton Hewitt Limited Edition post card during the Australian Open
- Named Young Australian of the Year in Jan. 2003 as part of annual Australia Day honors
- Vogue/GQ (Australia) Sportsman of the Year in 2003
- Also named Australia’s male athlete of the year in 2002 at the Australian Sports Awards
- Voted Most Popular South Australian athlete by the public for three consecutive years (2001-03)
- In December 2003, Caddied for Greg Norman at Australian PGA event
- Wife, Bec Cartwright (married July 21, 2005 in Sydney) is an Aussie actress
- Daughters, Mia Rebecca (born Nov. 29, 2005), Ava Sydney (born Oct. 19, 2010), Son, Cruz (born Dec. 11, 2008)
Return to > Players > L > Lleyton Hewitt Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Lleyton Hewitt Pictures)