Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is Robert Louis Ginepri
- A multi-sport athlete who didn’t devote himself to tennis until he was 12 years old
- Father, Rene, who was born in Luxembourg, is a systems analyst; mother, Nancy, is a school teacher
- Has one older sister, Jenni
- Runner-up at US Open juniors (l. to Roddick) in first all-American final since 1985, reached final of US Super National Boys’ 18s (l. to King) and won doubles title (w/Tres Davis)
- Captured Easter Bowl 18s title and helped US win Sunshine Cup over Spain, the junior equivalent to Davis Cup
- In 1999, finished No. 1 and undefeated (23-0) in USTA 16-and-under competition, winning national title
- Enjoys fishing and fan of NFL’s Atlanta Falcons
- First player to compete at Wimbledon with a sleeveless shirt on June 23, 2003
- Joined Atlanta Youth Tennis Foundation advisory board for underprivileged kids in 2004
- Has not had a coach since 2009 US Open. Fitness trainer is Jamie Gabel.
Return to > Players > R > Robby Ginepri Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Robby Ginepri Pictures)