Angelique Kerber - News and More
- Nationality: GER ()
- Birthdate: January 18, 1988
- Birthplace: Bremen, Germany
- Residence: Puszczykowo, Poland
- Turned Pro: Pro (2003)
- Plays: Left-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 9
Do you like Angelique Kerber?
| Coached by Benjamin Ebrahimzadeh ... Mother's name is Beata (also her manager); father's name is Slawek; has one sister, Jessica ... Started playing tennis at ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Kerber Survives First Match As No. 1, Faces Kvitova Wednesday In Wuhan; Wozniacki v Radwanska
- her first match as a No. 1 player, Angelique Kerber had to come from a set down to earn victory. Kerber dropped the first then rallied to defeat France's Kristina Mladenkovic 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-4 in the opening round at Wuhan.
"Kiki was playing very well today, especially in the firs...
- Angelique Kerber: Now That I'm No. 1, Everyone Wants To Beat Me!
- Kerber returns to tennis this week in Wuhan, China. The German comes in off her second career Grand Slam title winning the US Open. And she will also play her first match as the No. 1 player in the world! With that ranking comes the big target on her back.
"Every player wo...
- No Serena, But No. 1 Kerber and 8 of Top 10 at Loaded WTA Wuhan
- announcement that she will skip all tournaments until the year-end WTA Finals almost mathematically cements No. 1 Angie Kerber's status as the year-end No. 1. But that's not saying she'll have it easy, or take it easy, in Wuhan.
The Top 8 seeds receive opening-ro...
- Serena Williams Withdraws From WTA Asian Swing, Will She Play Again In 2016?
- US Open semifinals to Roberta Vinci she didn't play again until the Australian Open.
Serena's withdrawal makes current No. 1 Angelique Kerber to clear favorite to finish the year on top. And the German could have it wrapped up by Singapore which could reduce any incentive Serena h...
- 10 Things I Think I Thought About Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic And The US Open
- Canada, Cincinnati, then flew to Beijing to win gold medals and returned to the U.S. and Federer went on to win the US Open.
Didn't Kerber play more (also played Canada), yet she was able to win the US Open?
But Andy is a special flower I guess. I wonder what Mr. Lendl think...
- Kerber, New No. 1, Secures Top Spot by Beating Pliskova in US Open Final
- Kerber put a stamp on her new reign at the No. 1 ranking on Saturday at the US Open, outlasting big-serving No. 10 seed and breakout player Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in the final.
Kerber had wrapped-up the No. 1 ranking when Serena Williams lost in the semifinals,...
- Justine Henin Interview - Miami, Mar 28
- HENIN/A. Kerber 64, 62
An interview with: JUSTINE HENIN
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please. Q. The way you were cracking off aces today suggests that maybe you've been perhaps putting in a little bit more time with your serve.
JUSTINE HENIN: I did. Yeah, I did spend a ...
- Davenport Back This Week at WTA Quebec City
- tour this week at the Bell Challenge in Quebec City, Canada, where the unseeded American will open against No. 7-seeded German Angelique Kerber. Czech Nicole Vaidisova is the top seed at the event that does not feature a Top 10-ranked player on the WTA Tour Rankings. The Bell ...
- No. 2 Halep, Kerber, Venus Exit at US Open, Federer Advances; Djokovic, Murray Saturday
- Djokovic, Nadal, Kerber Kick Things Off On Day 1 At The US Open
- Wozniacki Outlasts Halep, Will Face Kerber In Stuttgart Final; Andujar Stuns Ferrer In Barcelona
- Dominant Serena Williams To Face Angelique Kerber In 2016 Australian Open Final
- Federer, Murray, Kerber Claim ATP/WTA Titles on Grass
- Serena, Venus One Win From Another Wimbledon Final; Angelique Kerber, Elena Vesnina Try To Spoil It
Recent fan comments for Angelique Kerber:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)