Guillermo Canas - News and More
Do you like Guillermo Canas?Full name is Guillermo Ignacio Canas...Began playing tennis at age seven...Nicknamed “Willy” by his English-speaking peers...Enjoyed an outstanding junior care ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Very consistent; gets a lot of balls back; fitness
Weaknesses: No big weapon; backhand; serve
- 6-Time Champion Novak Djokovic Is Now Officially Out Of Miami With An Elbow Injury
- the last three years, and six times overall, claiming his first Masters title as a 19-year-old in Miami in 2007 when he beat Guillermo Canas. Djokovic will also drop 1,000 ranking points and fall further behind current No. 1 Andy Murray in the 52-week rankings. And he'll also ...
- Murray, Aussies Stun in Davis Cup Wins; ATP/WTA Weekend Winners
- del Potro and Juan monaco due to injuries. "I remember one time we had [Guillermo] Coria, [David] Nalbandian, [Gaston] Gaudio, [Guillermo] Canas. Today we don't have this kind of team, but we have a team who really knows what we want and has unbelievable team spirit. We are very prou...
- Czechs Defend Fed Cup; Ferrer, Petrova Collect Titles
- the week included Andy Murray, Janko Tipsarevic and Gilles Simon. He became the first qualifier to reach a Masters final since Guillermo Canas at the Sony Open in Miami in 2007. "This was his fifth match; this was my eighth match. I was really tired," Janowicz said of Ferrer. "I...
- Agassi Cleared...for More Exos: Tennis-X Notes
- WTA Tour Rankings behind Serena Williams...This time last year, both Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin were retired...Argentina's Guillermo Canas will make his retirement official this week as he moves into coaching. He also last year opened the Canas Tennis Academy at the Tennis Cent...
- Unpredictability in Men's Tennis despite Dominant Big Four
- 2005-06, Federer accomplished one of the hardest feats in tennis, he won Indian Wells and Miami back-to-back. In 07, he lost to Guillermo Canas in both events. Then he lost to Filippo Volandri in Rome the same year. He was always losing to Nadal on the clay events but then on hard c...
- Why Roger Federer Will Win Miami
- heâ€™s struggled a little by Rogerâ€™s lofty standards. His last three losses have come in three sets to the now-retired Guillermo Canas (4th RD â€“ 07), Roddick (QF â€“ 08) and that memorable racquet-smasher of a show against Djokovic in the SF last year, a performance Iâ€™m...
- Djokovic Debuts Own Tournament as Top Seed at Serbian Open
- No. 2 Karlovic against Chilean Nicolas Massu. No. 6 Ljubicic also has a potential second-round meeting with Argentine grinder Guillermo Canas."Young people in Serbia have been deprived of travel and global entertainment during an era of conflict and the country's international iso...
- Nadal Goes for 5 in a Row at ATP Barcelona; No Americans in Sight
- byes, with early-round match-ups including (7) Nalbandian vs. former No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero (2nd rd.), (3) Davydenko vs. Guillermo Canas (2nd rd.), (9) Stepanek vs. Guillermo "G-Lo" Garcia-Lopez, (6) Robredo vs. (WC) Gaston Gaudio, (11) Safin vs. Juan Monaco, and Paul-Henri M...
- Federer Foiled Again by Canas
- Davis Cup Final Going Down to the Wire; Just No TV, No Canas
- Mauresmo, Murray, Canas Win Titles; TV Tennis Reader Mail