Venus Williams - News and More
- Nationality: USA ()
- Birthdate: June 17, 1980
- Age: 36 years old
- Birthplace: Lynwood, CA, USA
- Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (October 31, 1994)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Do you like Venus Williams?
Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; trainer is Esther Lee ... Sisters are Serena, Isha (lawyer, singer), Lyndrea (actress, singer, sty ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Get Ready for Musical No. 1s After Kerber Upset at French Open
- Ivanovic. Jelena Jankovic. When Serena Williams is sidelined, a lot of new names begin showing up, not necessarily valid, at the No. 1 spot on the WTA rankings.
It won't be any different in 2017. The dominant American is sidelined for the remainder of the year due to pregna...
- Garbine Muguruza: Not Having Serena Here Makes A Difference, Now 10-15 Girls Can Win The Title
- Williams's absence is having an impact on the women at the French Open. With the 23-time Grand Slam champion expecting a baby in a few months, the draw is ripe for the taking. And defending champion Garbine Muruguza says the title contenders goes 15 deep!
“If you look at the ...
- Muguruza v Schiavone 1st Rd., Kvitova Returns; French Open Preview
- runner-up Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova are sidelined, but Petra Kvitova makes her 2017 tour debut, and a number of other surprises lie in wait in the first round of the 2017 French Open.
Here's a look at the four quarters of the draw:
Top 4 Se...
- Victoria Azarenka Will Play Wimbledon!
- she posted. "Plus Leo kinda said he wants to see London and Wimbledon."
Azarenka last played Wimbledon in 2015 losing to Serena Williams. She turns 28 at the end of July. ...
- Halep Hobbled Mid-Match, Svitolina Steals WTA Rome Title
- Halep is the Vegas favorite for winning the French Open with Serena Williams (pregnant), Maria Sharapova (wildcard-shunned for doping), and Victoria Azarenka (post-pregnancy) out of the mix. But those odds are up in the air after the physical and mental challenges Halep could not ...
- Muguruza, Halep Remain on Collision Course for Rome Final After Friday Wins
- 3 Garbine Muguruza was the seeded favorite moving into the semifinals of the Italian Open on Friday, outlasting No. 9 seed Venus Williams 6-2, 3-6, 6-2.
The defending French Open champion Muguruza with the quarterfinal victory is guaranteed to move into the Top 5 on the WTA...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- to the regular array of stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhib...
- Medina Garrigues, Vinci Win WTA Claycourt Titles at Estoril, Barcelona
- I felt like she lost her concentration a little bit."It was the 10th career title for the Spaniard and ninth on clay, tying her with Venus Williams for most clay court titles among active players. The 29-year-old Barrois fell to 0-2 in career finals."Anabel plays with such heavy spin an...
- Serena Williams Defaulted, Clijsters Advances to US Open Final Against Wozniacki
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams Headline Water-Logged Tuesday French Open Schedule
- Venus Williams Wins in Thriller; Federer v Roddick Monday at Sony Miami
- Williams Sisters Book QF Meeting at US Open; Federer v Isner Monday
- Wimbledon Seedings: Federer Gets No Bump, Williams Sisters Rise
- US Open Draw Previews: Favorites Federer, Serena Williams Easy Starts
Recent fan comments for Venus Williams:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)