Venus Williams - News and More
- Nationality: USA ()
- Birthdate: June 17, 1980
- Age: 37 years old
- Birthplace: Lynwood, CA, USA
- Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (October 31, 1994)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Do you like Venus Williams?
Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; trainer is Esther Lee ... Sisters are Serena, Isha (lawyer, singer), Lyndrea (actress, singer, sty ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Sharapova Sliced Up by Niculescu 1st Rd. at WTA Doha -- What of Maria?
- at Shenzhen she fell to No. 6 seed Katerina Siniakova in the semis, and now the first-round loss in Doha.
For both Sharapova and Serena Williams, it seems the first six months of 2018 will see if they can still contend for Slams at the French and Wimbledon, or if the skills sets have...
- Mladenovic Heroics Save France; Fed Cup Results
- me a lot today."
USA d. NETHERLANDS 3-1
The defending champion USA swept to a 3-0 win behind two straight-set victories by Venus Williams and a three-set win by CoCo Vandeweghe over Dutchwoman Richel Hogenkamp 4-6, 7-6(6), 6-3.
The world-beating doubles team of Venus and Se...
- Federer Wins 20th Career Grand Slam, Beats Cilic For 6th Australian Open
- a 6th Australian Open title.
The win put Federer in rare air, as the only man to reach 20 and he joined only Magaret Court, Serena Williams and Steffi Graf among all players all-time to reach that mark. And at 36 and having won three of the last five Grand Slams, more might be o...
- What Does Caroline Wozniacki's Australian Open Title Mean for 2018? And Serena?
It wasn't about the WTA No. 1 ranking, which has become a meaningless merry-go-round of different faces in the absence of Serena Williams. Coming into Melbourne, six different players could have left as No. 1.
It was about leaving behind the tag "never won a Grand Slam." Th...
- 2018 Australian Open Women’s Final Open Thread: Simona Halep v Caroline Wozniacki
- Grand Slam
* Wozniacki has now reached the title match at her last three successive tournaments, at the 2017 WTA Finals (defeating Venus Williams), 2018 Auckland (lost to Julia Goerges) and now the 2018 Australian Open
* Both finalists have posted their best results at the Australian...
- Nadal, Tsonga v Shapovalov Wednesday At Australian Open; Svitolina, Wozniacki Headline Women
- Katerina Siniakova. Former No. 1 and Australian Open semifinalist Caroline Wozniacki meets Jana Fett and following her big win over Venus Williams, Belinda Bencic returns against Luksika Kumkhum.
Also, 15-year-old Marta Kostyuk continues her breakout run against Olivia Rogowska.
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- to the regular array of stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhib...
- Medina Garrigues, Vinci Win WTA Claycourt Titles at Estoril, Barcelona
- I felt like she lost her concentration a little bit."It was the 10th career title for the Spaniard and ninth on clay, tying her with Venus Williams for most clay court titles among active players. The 29-year-old Barrois fell to 0-2 in career finals."Anabel plays with such heavy spin an...
- Serena Williams Defaulted, Clijsters Advances to US Open Final Against Wozniacki
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams Headline Water-Logged Tuesday French Open Schedule
- Venus Williams Wins in Thriller; Federer v Roddick Monday at Sony Miami
- Williams Sisters Book QF Meeting at US Open; Federer v Isner Monday
- Wimbledon Seedings: Federer Gets No Bump, Williams Sisters Rise
- US Open Draw Previews: Favorites Federer, Serena Williams Easy Starts
Recent fan comments for Venus Williams:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)