Dinara Safina - News and More
- Nationality: RUS ()
- Birthdate: April 27, 1986
- Age: 2018 years old
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: Pro (2000)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Do you like Dinara Safina?
Coached by Davide Sanguinetti ... Father, Michail, is director of a tennis club in Moscow; mother, Raouza Islanova, is a tennis coach and used to coach Dinara; ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Simona Halep Ascends To WTA No. 1 Ranking In Beijing
- No. 1 and the fifth of the year. Though she joins a select few among those to reach the top without having won a Slam after Dinara Safina, Caroline Wozniacki, Karolina Pliskova and Dinara Safina. Kim Clijsters and Amelie Mauresmo also did but later won Slams.
"Of course it'...
- Tennis Community Reacts To Retirement Of Li Na
- sad to hear that Li Na is retiring... Well she had an amazing carrier...
She is the funniest… http://t.co/kDkjjrbDku— Dinara Safina (@Dinarik27) September 19, 2014
Always sad when an athlete is forced to retire from the game because of injury. Li Na has been an insp...
- 2014 US Open Women's Final Preview: Serena Williams v Caroline Wozniacki
- (2010) and Stosur (2011).
Wozniacki is bidding for her first win over a reigning No.1: to date she is 0-4 lifetime vs. No.1s – l. Safina at 2009 Madrid, and S.Williams at 2013 Beijing, 2014Montreal and 2014 Cincinnati.
Set to turn 33 later this month, Williams is already t...
- Wimbledon Women's Final Open Thread: Petra Kvitova v Eugenie Bouchard
- finalists is 44 years, 239 days. It is the youngest final since 2008 Roland Garros when Ana Ivanovic (20 years, 214 days) defeated Dinara Safina (22 years, 41 days).
Bouchard is the first Canadian, woman or man, to reach a Grand Slam final – all time. (At time of writing, Milos ...
- Australian Open Women's Final Preview: Li Na v Dominika Cibulkova
- a Grand Slam final for the first time in her career, almost five years after she reached her first Grand Slam SF at 2009 Roland Garros (l. Safina). This represents the longest gap between major SF appearances since Mary Pierce won 2000 Roland Garros and then reached the final in Paris...
- Australian Open Women's Final Open Thread: Victoria Azarenka v Li Na
- world No.1 and No.2 at the same Grand Slam event for the first time since 2009 Roland Garros (Kuznetsova d. No.2 S.Williams in QF and No.1 Safina in F). The last player to achieve this feat at the Australian Open was S.Williams in 2005 (d. No.2 Mauresmo in QF and No.1 Davenport in F) ...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Sharapova InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENM. SHARAPOVA/D. Safina6-2, 6-0THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. Is there any part of you that can understand or feel empathy with what Dinara was going through out there today? I mean, she's clearly suf...
- Ana Ivanovic Interview - Cincinnati, Aug 11
- there is a lot young kids, and that's great to see I think. It's really inspiring actually.
Q. You've been recently talking to Dinara Safina, I saw, at the San Diego players' party or something. You've had sort of similar struggles lately. Can you talk about sort of your relation...
- Federer, Nadal Head Top 8 in Historic Montreal QFs, Safina on Choke Alert v. Clijsters
- Roddick Good, Federer Better in Australian Open Semis; Serena, Safina in Womens Final
- Tennis-X Wrap: Murray, Safina Win; ATP in Trouble
- Serena Williams Ousted 1st Rd in Rome After Disparaging Safina
- Nadal, Safina Top Seeds at Wimbledon
- Wimbledon Notes: NBC Tape-fest, Safina Defends No. 1 Rank
Recent fan comments for Dinara Safina: