Maria Sharapova - News and More
- Nationality: RUS ()
- Birthdate: April 19, 1987
- Birthplace: Nyagan, Russia
- Residence: Bradenton, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (April 19, 2001)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 4
Do you like Maria Sharapova?
| Coached by Sven Groeneveld ... Father is Yuri; mother is Yelena ... Started playing at age 4; at age 6 took part in Moscow exhibition that featured Martina Nav ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Maria Sharapova Files Appeal With CAS, Seeks Full Elimination Of 2-Year Doping Ban
- Sharapova officially filed her appeal with CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) in Switzerland hoping to have her 2-year ban from tennis thrown out.
Sharapova and is hoping to learn of a decision by July 18.
In the release:
In her appeal to the CAS, Ms Sharapova seeks the ann...
- 4 WTA Top 10 Led by Radwanska in Birmingham; Spain Debuts Mallorca Event
- (2015) is the lone former champ in the field...American Pam Shriver holds the record for most Birmingham wins with four...Doper Maria Sharapova won the event back-to-back in 2004-05.
Mallorca, Spain; Surface: grass
Seeds: Garbine Muguruza, Jelena Jankovic, Ana I...
- Forbes: Roger Federer Remains The Highest Paid Player In Tennis
- Rafael Nadal $37.5M (Tennis)
29 Kei Nishikori $33.5M (Tennis)
40 Serena Williams $28.9M (Tennis)
74 Andy Murray $23M (Tennis)
88 Maria Sharapova $21.9M (Tennis) ...
- Roger Federer On Maria Sharapova's Doping Ban: Zero Tolerance!
- his 3-set win yesterday over Taylor Fritz, Roger Federer offered his thoughts on the Maria Sharapova ruling. Federer backed the 2-year ban stating there needs to be a zero tolerance policy for dopers.
"I didn't get into all the details," he told reporters at th...
- 7 Thoughts On Maria Sharapova's 2-Year Ban From Tennis
- the day in tennis comes out of London and it has nothing to do with any match results.
As you know by now, today the ITF whacked Maria Sharapova with a 2-year ban for taking the drug meldonuim which is found in mildronate.
Some thoughts on the ruling.
1. Two Years!
I think I'm...
- Maria Sharapova Ruled Guilty, Receives 2-Year Tennis Ban For Doping
- to the ITF, Maria Sharapova is guilty of trying to beat the system.
Sharapova today was banned from tennis for TWO YEARS as a result of failing a doping test at the Australian Open for the drug meldonium.
WTA CEO Steve Simon said in a released statement, "It is impo...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhibitions? NOTESAmerican Donald...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- Sharapova InterviewSONY ERICSSON OPEN - MiamiMarch 31, 2011M. SHARAPOVA/A. Petkovic3-6, 6-0, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. In light of the week you've had and with the weather conditions today and she's playing great, how satisfying is that win today?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ...
- Djokovic, Nadal Near Rome Final, But First Face Saturday Tests; Sharapova v. Wozniacki SF
- Murray Makes a Mess; Wozniacki v. Sharapova in Blonde Battle Today at US Open
- Djokovic v. Del Potro Friday at French Open; Sharapova Survives, Clijsters Falls
- Serena v. Sharapova, Henin v. Clijsters, Hewitt v. Djokovic Today at Wimbledon
- Nadal Chokes On Blue Dirt In Stunning Loss; Federer, Djokovic Cruise; Sharapova v Serena Friday
- Soderling, Murray Near Quarterfinal Australian Open Showdown; Roddick, Sharapova Out
Recent fan comments for Maria Sharapova:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)