Maria Sharapova - News and More
Do you like Maria Sharapova?
Coached by Sven Groeneveld ... Father is Yuri; mother is Yelena ... Started playing at age 4; at age 6 took part in Moscow exhibition that featured Martina Nav ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Pliskova Defends, But No. 1 Ranking Contenders Trail at Cincinnati; Preview
- player Kontaveit, and the struggling (3) Kerber vs. Makarova...
Wildcards were awarded to France's Oceane Dodin, former No. 1 Maria Sharapova (withdrew) and Sloane Stephens...
Samantha Stosur and Maria Sharapova withdrew from the field...
Plsikova beat Kerber in last year's ...
- Sharapova Suffers Arm Injury In Stanford; Wimbledon Champ Muguruza Cruises In Hard Court Opener
- missing the French and the grass seasons, Maria Sharapova's return to the WTA was cut short yesterday after the former No. 1 had to withdraw from the Stanford event prior to her match against Lesia Tsurenko because of a forearm injury sustained her in opening round win Monday over J...
- Muguruza, Kvitova, American Contingent Come Out at WTA Stanford; Preview
- Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Ana Konjuh, Coco Vandeweghe, Lesia Tsurenko, Catherine Bellis
Floaters: Naomi Osaka, (WC) Maria Sharapova, Alison Riske, Alize Cornet, Francesca Schiavone
Notes: Only one Top 10 player in Muguruza, fresh off her Wimbledon championship, but th...
- Maria Sharapova: My Passion For Tennis Is Stronger Than Ever
- the eve of Maria Sharapova's return to the WTA from a thigh injury next week in Stanford, the former No. 1 penned a piece in the Players' Tribune in which she talked about dealing with the fallout from her doping sentence, her support group, her fans, and her passion for tennis, which ...
- Preview: Serena You are Missed at Wimbledon; 5 Players Vie for No. 1
- you don't have favorites Serena Williams (pregnant) or Maria Sharapova (injury), but you have a whole handful of also-rans.
As of this writing, five players could leave this year's Wimbledon championships with the No. 1 ranking -- current No. 1 Angie Kerber, Simona Halep, Ka...
- Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Grass Season, Wimbledon
- late breaking news, Maria Sharapova will not play on the grass this year due to a left thigh injury.
Sharapova injured her thigh in a loss to Mirjana Lucic in Rome last month, and it came on the same day of the announcement the French had denied her a wildcard into their event.
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhibitions? NOTESAmerican Donald...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- Sharapova InterviewSONY ERICSSON OPEN - MiamiMarch 31, 2011M. SHARAPOVA/A. Petkovic3-6, 6-0, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. In light of the week you've had and with the weather conditions today and she's playing great, how satisfying is that win today?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ...
- Djokovic, Nadal Near Rome Final, But First Face Saturday Tests; Sharapova v. Wozniacki SF
- Murray Makes a Mess; Wozniacki v. Sharapova in Blonde Battle Today at US Open
- Djokovic v. Del Potro Friday at French Open; Sharapova Survives, Clijsters Falls
- Serena v. Sharapova, Henin v. Clijsters, Hewitt v. Djokovic Today at Wimbledon
- Nadal Chokes On Blue Dirt In Stunning Loss; Federer, Djokovic Cruise; Sharapova v Serena Friday
- Soderling, Murray Near Quarterfinal Australian Open Showdown; Roddick, Sharapova Out
Recent fan comments for Maria Sharapova:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)