Maria Sharapova - News and More
Do you like Maria Sharapova?
Coached by Sven Groeneveld ... Father is Yuri; mother is Yelena ... Started playing at age 4; at age 6 took part in Moscow exhibition that featured Martina Nav ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Vesnina Ends 4-Year Drought with WTA Indian Wells Title
- be all right."
Vesnina overall finished -3 on winners to unforced errors. It was the second Indian Wells all-Russian final after Maria Sharapova beat Elena Dementieva in 2006.
It was Vesnina's first title since 2013 Eastbourne, and she improved to 3-7 in career finals. Kuznetsova ...
- 6-Time Champion Novak Djokovic Is Now Officially Out Of Miami With An Elbow Injury
- elbow as the reason for his withdrawal.
"I have some very disappointing news to share with you regarding the Miami Open tournament," Sharapova said. "My doctor has strongly advised against play because my elbow injury, that I keep carrying on for months, got worse in the past week....
- Vesnina, Kuznetsova in Unlikely All-Russian Indian Wells Final
- Kuznetsova winning their most recent meeting in 2014.
It's just the second-ever all-Russian final at Indian Wells after 2006 when Maria Sharapova beat Elena Dementieva. ...
- Should Maria Sharapova Be Allowed To Get Wildcards?
- hot topic this last week in tennis has been tournaments giving Maria Sharapova wildcards into their events.
Of course her sponsor and Stuttgart was the first to do it, and since Rome and Madrid have followed suit, granting the megastar entry into their events without ranking. Now the...
- Roger Federer: Maria Sharapova Paid The Price For What She Did
- Federer weighed in on the Maria Sharapova wildcard debate, calling it a "tricky one" and one that needs to be examined further.
"It's a tough one," Federer said Sunday at Indian Wells. "She paid the price for what she did, so that's all you can say there.
"I see the argument o...
- Caroline Wozniacki Isn't Thrilled Maria Sharapova Can Get Wildcards After Drug Ban
- growing number of players have voiced their disapproval of Maria Sharapova making use of wildcards in her return to tennis from a 15-month drug ban ...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhibitions? NOTESAmerican Donald...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- Sharapova InterviewSONY ERICSSON OPEN - MiamiMarch 31, 2011M. SHARAPOVA/A. Petkovic3-6, 6-0, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. In light of the week you've had and with the weather conditions today and she's playing great, how satisfying is that win today?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ...
- Djokovic, Nadal Near Rome Final, But First Face Saturday Tests; Sharapova v. Wozniacki SF
- Murray Makes a Mess; Wozniacki v. Sharapova in Blonde Battle Today at US Open
- Djokovic v. Del Potro Friday at French Open; Sharapova Survives, Clijsters Falls
- Serena v. Sharapova, Henin v. Clijsters, Hewitt v. Djokovic Today at Wimbledon
- Nadal Chokes On Blue Dirt In Stunning Loss; Federer, Djokovic Cruise; Sharapova v Serena Friday
- Soderling, Murray Near Quarterfinal Australian Open Showdown; Roddick, Sharapova Out
Recent fan comments for Maria Sharapova:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)