Maria Sharapova - News and More
- Nationality: RUS ()
- Birthdate: April 19, 1987
- Birthplace: Nyagan, Russia
- Residence: Bradenton, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (April 19, 2001)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 4
Do you like Maria Sharapova?
| Coached by Sven Groeneveld ... Father is Yuri; mother is Yelena ... Started playing at age 4; at age 6 took part in Moscow exhibition that featured Martina Nav ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- WTA Road To Singapore: Svetlana Kuznetsova Must Win Moscow Or Johanna Konta Gets Last Spot
- in the semifinals and perhaps Daria Kasatkina in the final.
Looking at the field, it shows you a picture of the WTA post-Serena/Venus/Sharapova looks like. Just three total Grand Slam titles among the eight. Bizarre. The men are in transition, so too are the women.
The WTA Finals...
- Defending Champ Kuznetsova, Djokovic-Killer Bautista Agut Lead Next Week at Kremlin Cup
- Maria Sharapova in Russia as the former No. 1 remains sidelined for doping until April 2017, but Russian fans still get defending champion and former world No. 2 Svetlana Kuznetsova, and on the men's side Roberto Bautusta-Agut who upset world No. 1 Novak Djokovic today in the semifinal...
- Radwanska Beats Break-Out Star Konta for China Open Trophy
- all week in joining only three other active players to win three of more career Premier-level titles: former No. 1s Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka.
From 2-5 down in the final Konta put on some resistance, but when it looked like she was ready to possibly draw ...
- 4 Thoughts On Maria Sharapova's Appeal "Victory"
- months and months, Maria Sharapova finally got the decision of her appeal. CAS cut her 2-year ban down to 15 months after determining Sharapova was at fault for not abiding by the rules but she didn't do it on purpose.
1. Is Sharapova In The Clear?
That depends on who you...
- Maria Sharapova Wins Appeal, Doping Ban Reduced To 15 Months, She'll Return In April
- Court of Arbitration for Sport announced that is has reduced Maria Sharapova's doping suspension from two years to 15 months, allowing the Russian to return to tennis on April 26, 2017 and be availble to play three of the last four Grand Slams next year.
Sharapova was suspended fro...
- Verdict In Maria Sharapova's Appeal Of Her 2-Year Ban To Be Announced 9am ET Tuesday
- Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has announced that their decision in Maria Sharapova's appeal of her 2-year ban will be announced 9am ET on Tuesday.
Sharapova hasn't played a match since losing to Serena Williams in the Australian Open quarterfinals. In March, Sharapova announ...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhibitions? NOTESAmerican Donald...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- Sharapova InterviewSONY ERICSSON OPEN - MiamiMarch 31, 2011M. SHARAPOVA/A. Petkovic3-6, 6-0, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. In light of the week you've had and with the weather conditions today and she's playing great, how satisfying is that win today?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ...
- Djokovic, Nadal Near Rome Final, But First Face Saturday Tests; Sharapova v. Wozniacki SF
- Murray Makes a Mess; Wozniacki v. Sharapova in Blonde Battle Today at US Open
- Djokovic v. Del Potro Friday at French Open; Sharapova Survives, Clijsters Falls
- Serena v. Sharapova, Henin v. Clijsters, Hewitt v. Djokovic Today at Wimbledon
- Nadal Chokes On Blue Dirt In Stunning Loss; Federer, Djokovic Cruise; Sharapova v Serena Friday
- Soderling, Murray Near Quarterfinal Australian Open Showdown; Roddick, Sharapova Out
Recent fan comments for Maria Sharapova:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)