Maria Sharapova - News and More
Do you like Maria Sharapova?
Coached by Sven Groeneveld ... Father is Yuri; mother is Yelena ... Started playing at age 4; at age 6 took part in Moscow exhibition that featured Martina Nav ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Sharapova Set For Return In Mallorca, Could Meet Kerber In 2nd RD
- being sidelined since February with a shoulder injury, 5-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova is set to make her return this week in Mallorca.
"[My shoulder] is doing well. I took this time in order to come back to my first event and feel like I have a really good chance at i...
- Anisimova Stuns Halep, New Women's French Open Champion Crowned This Weekend
- over Maria Sharapova, a new tennis star has arrived, her name is Amanda Anisimova. Represented by the same agent as Sharapova, the American-born Anisimova stunned defending champion Simona Halep 6-2, 6-4 in just 69 minutes to reach her first career Grand Slam semifinal.
- Ahead Of Clash With Venus, Serena Williams Withdraws From Rome
- Miami after her opening match with the left knee.
Serena will not be a Top 8 seed at the French where she withdrew a year ago to Maria Sharapova.
Speaking yesterday after the win, Serena gave no indication of any knee troubles.
"It felt good to be back in the match," she said M...
- WTA Top 5 Led By Osaka, Halep And Kvitova Headline Stuttgart
- could have to face the dangerous Su-Wei Hsieh in her opener, then Kerber in the quarters before Pliskova in the semifinals.
Maria Sharapova, Sloane Stephens, Danielle Collins and Elina Svitolina were among the withdrawals.
Last year, Pliskova beat the now-injured Coco Vandewe...
- Stars Serena, Stephens, Osaka Assemble At The New Miami Open
- a year ago, just after upsetting Serena. Kerber and Svitolina have to win the title.
The only player in the Top 50 not playing is Maria Sharapova who is absent with a shoulder injury.
Tomorrow, women's main draw singles begins with Osuigwe-M. Osaka, Anisimova-Petkovic, Puig and Sto...
- 2-Time Champion Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Indian Wells
- hampered by a sore right shoulder, Maria Sharapova will miss the Indian Wells tournament next month.
Sharapova, who twice won Indian Wells most recently in 2013, has made just one final since returning from her drug ban nearly two years ago. And this season, her injuries woes hav...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhibitions? NOTESAmerican Donald...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- Sharapova InterviewSONY ERICSSON OPEN - MiamiMarch 31, 2011M. SHARAPOVA/A. Petkovic3-6, 6-0, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. In light of the week you've had and with the weather conditions today and she's playing great, how satisfying is that win today?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ...
- Djokovic, Nadal Near Rome Final, But First Face Saturday Tests; Sharapova v. Wozniacki SF
- Murray Makes a Mess; Wozniacki v. Sharapova in Blonde Battle Today at US Open
- Djokovic v. Del Potro Friday at French Open; Sharapova Survives, Clijsters Falls
- Serena v. Sharapova, Henin v. Clijsters, Hewitt v. Djokovic Today at Wimbledon
- Nadal Chokes On Blue Dirt In Stunning Loss; Federer, Djokovic Cruise; Sharapova v Serena Friday
- Soderling, Murray Near Quarterfinal Australian Open Showdown; Roddick, Sharapova Out
Recent fan comments for Maria Sharapova: