The latest Charleston tournament news:
- Halep Finally Runs Out of Gas as Bertens Claims WTA Cincinnati Title
- hing is still possible."
It was the second title of the year for the Dutchwoman after the claycourt win in Charleston. She extended her win streak against Top 10-ranked players to eight, but a first over a world No. 1.
- Kvitova Wins Tour-Leading 4th Title at WTA Madrid
- e times.
Kvitova was able to subdue one of the hottest claycourt players of the season in Bertens, who won Charleston in April, and fell to 1-1 in finals this year and 5-2 career.
"I think I can be really proud of myself, li...
- Bertens, Kvitova To Collide For Madrid Title
- just grinding out there, trying to keep as many balls back in the court."
The 20th-ranked Bertens just won Charleston and has taken 11 of her last 12 matches.
Kvitova is on her on run having won her last 10 after a 7-6(4), 6...
- Bertens Blasts Goerges to Win 1st 2018 Title ar WTA Charleston
- Kiki Bertens won two matches on Sunday to claim the Volvo Car Open title in Charleston, S.C., in the final rolling past Julia Goerges 6-2, 6-1.
"It's just unbelievable. I think I cannot really realize it yet, but I'm just so h...
- WTA Previews: Mladenovic Heads Lugano, Maria in Bogota
- an Wells and Miami...
Withdrawing from the tournament were Suarez Navarro, Swiss hopeful Timea Bacsinszky, Charleston finalist Kiki Bertens, Dominika Cibulkova, Sorana Cirstea, Anna-Lena Friedsam, Kateryna Kozlova and Maria Sak...
- Stephens, Osaka, Kasatkina Headline Next-Gen Stars at WTA Charleston; Preview
- Indian Wells champion Naomi Osaka, and defending champion Daria Kasatkina make next week's Volvo Car Open in Charleston another palette for emerging stars to produce another masterpiece as the WTA tour officially moves into the c...
- Sloane Stephens Wins 2nd Biggest Career Title at Miami Open
- the claycourt season when she has been most fruitful. Last year she won the French Open and was runner-up in Charleston. ...
- Svitolina the Queen of Dubai After 2nd Straight WTA Title
- onship matches.
Kasatkina fell to 1-2 in career finals, and was looking for her first tournament win since Charleston of last year. She was also the 2017 runner-up at Moscow.