Marin Cilic Bio
- Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends
- Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and says "I liked playing from the beginning"
- Parents Zdenko (father) and Koviljka (mother) are retired
- Has three brothers, two older Vinko and Goran, and one younger Mile, who is "the most inspirational person because of his good advice"
- Finished as No. 2 junior in world in 2005 (behind Donald Young) and won four international junior titles, including Roland Garros (d. Van Der Duim)
- Also QF at other three junior Grand Slams
- In doubles, captured three junior titles in five finals
- Hobbies include playing football and his favourite teams are AC Milan and Croatia (admires players Kaka and Robinho)
- Admires countrymen Goran Ivanisevic and Ivan Ljubicic
- Enjoys playing on all surfaces but says hard and grass are best-suited for him because of his height and style of play
- Fitness trainer is Slaven Hrvoj.
Return to > Players > M > Marin Cilic Profile (Biography) (Marin Cilic Pictures)