Roger Federer - News and More
Do you like Roger Federer?Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
- Bencic Better Than Vondrousova, Becomes First Swiss Woman To Win Olympic Gold
- tight tussle saw Bencic make a few less errors and in the third Vondrousova won just 2 of 13 points on second serve. Bencic joins Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka along with Marc Rosset as Swiss players to win gold. The 22-year-old Vondrousova doesn't leave empty handed. She gives...
- Novak Djokovic "Feels Great" Ahead Of Chase For Olympic Gold
- for the US Open where he'll try for the "Golden Slam" and to break the 20-20-20 tie he shared atop the Grand Slam Leaderboard with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The Serb, who has stated he wants both gold and the US Open title, is ready for the challenge. “I feel great. Phy...
- Roger Federer Withdraws From Olympics, Reveals "Setback" With Knee
- Federer officially withdrew from the Olympics, the 20-time Grand Slam champion announced today. While it doesn't come as a huge shock that he opted not to play, it was a surprise to hear his reason. Federer revealed he suffered a "setback" with his surgically repaired knee duri...
- Rafael Nadal To Play Washington, But Why?
- here? At 35, is he just spreading the Rafa love to places where he hasn't played? If so, I commend him and it's something maybe Roger Federer should think about doing (and if Novak Djokovic completes the Calendar Slam this year, maybe next year he can just try to win titles where ...
- Novak Djokovic Is The GOAT
- Roger Federer fans. Sorry Rafael Nadal fans. The debate over the Greatest of All Time in the men's game is over, it's Novak Djokovic. In terms of popularity, Federer is still on top, then Nadal and then Djokovic (though Andy Murray might have a case). But on paper, it's over...
- Djokovic Wins 20th Slam, Beats Berrettini For 6th Wimbledon
- with six titles. It's incredible." The title is Djokovic 20th in a Slam which ties him atop the all-time men's leaderboard with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The Big 3 trio will head to US Open with the lead at stake. “It means none of us will stop," Djokovic said. "I have ...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?