Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Andy Murray Suspicious Of Players Who Don't Get Tired, Boris Becker Hits Back On Doping Claims
- public knowledge.
"So you’re not going to have silent bans or someone saying they were injured. That happened with Croatia’s Marin Cilic, where he pulled out of Wimbledon injured. People started talking and then it came out that he had failed a drugs test. And that looks terr...
- Djokovic Continues Roll, Murray On Deck Monday In Miami Against Dimitrov
- and just didn't give him enough rhythm to maneuver."
Earlier in the day, a pair of Frenchmen advanced. Gilles Simon knocked out Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-7, 6-3 and Richard Gasquet blew out fellow-Frenchman Benoit Paire 6-3, 6-0.
Dominic Thiem and David Goffin also stayed in form cr...
- 'Scared' Rafael Nadal Retires at Hot and Humid Miami Open; Young Guns Power Through
- a tame Sunday include (1) Novak Djokovic vs. (33) Joao Sousa, an all-French in (10) Richard Gasquet vs. (20) Benoit Paire, and (11) Marin Cilic vs. (18) Gilles Simon. ...
- Djokovic Cruises In Miami Opener, Del Potro Shocked; Murray, Nadal Begins Saturday
- Fritz 7-6(6), 6-1.
Another 18-year-old also went down as the struggling Steve Johnson Knocked out Alex Zverev in two breakers.
Marin Cilic and Gilles Simon advanced to a third round meeting. Richard Gasquet, Dominic Thiem and Tomas Berdych who earned a walkover also reached the...
- Roger Federer v Juan Martin Del Potro Friday In Miami; Djokovic, Ferrer, Berdych In 2R Play
- ready for the challenge."
Former finalist David Ferrer also returns to take on 18-year-old phenom Taylor Fritz.
Tomas Berdych, Marin Cilic and Dominic Thiem are also on court.
In action today, Denis Istomin took down Borna Coric, Marcos Baghdatis beat Benjamin Becker and Fed...
- Miami Open Draw: Federer Returns, Could Face Del Potro In Opener; Djokovic Goes For 3-Peat
- Yes, he could have Del Potro in his opener but then it's Jeremy Chardy in the third, David Goffin in the fourth and David Ferrer or Marin Cilic in the quarters. If the knee is okay he should get through.
In the pick of the section, Rafael Nadal and Stan Wawrinka find themselves i...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)