Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- 2016 Tennis-X Year-end Top 10 Contest Announces Winner
- in the top 10 doing it this year," opined funches along with her entry last December. "The only player I considered but did not pick was Cilic."
Before we get to the nine-way tie for first place, let's honor the "average," those that were able to pick seven of the Top 10...
- 2016 ATP Year-End Top 20 Rankings: Federer, Ferrer Fall; Pouille Rises
- Gael Monfils made their Top 10 year-end debuts.
And six players finished the 2016 season ranked at a career high: 1 Murray, 3 Raonic, 6 Cilic, 11 Goffin, 13 Kyrgios and 15 Pouille.
- Juan Martin Del Potro Suffered A Broken Finger During His Epic Davis Cup Win Over Marin Cilic
- 3-2 in Zagreb.
Del Potro won both singles rubbers defeating Ivo Karlovic on Friday and then overcoming a 2-0 set deficit to deny Marin Cilic 6-7(4), 2-6, 7-5, 6-4, 6-3 in four hours, 53 minutes.
During the win over Cilic, del Potro actually broke a finger early in the final se...
- Argentina Wins Davis Cup After Improbable Comeback Led By Juan Martin Del Potro
- in Croatia, coming back from 1-2 down and winning both final singles matches to claim a first-ever Davis Cup championship.
Marin Cilic and Juan Martin del Potro both won their singles on Day 1 to even the tie at 1-1. On Saturday Cilic and Ivan Dodig defeated Del Potro and L...
- Juan Martin Del Potro, Argentina Seek First Davis Cup Title In Croatia This Weekend
- along with Federico Delbonis with Leonardo Mayer and Guido Pella in the doubles.
Croatia, champions in 2005, will counter with Marin Cilic and Ivo Karlovic and in the doubles it's Ivan Dodig and Franko Skugar who replaced Borna Coric, a late scratch due to knee surgery recovery...
- Murray Toughs Out Roanic In Epic ATP Finals SF, Sets Up Dream Final With Djokovic
- 5-1, I was really committed."
Nishikori had played that tough 3-set loss to Murray Wednesday, then three sets yesterday against Marin Cilic, and against someone like Djokovic you have to be at full strength.
"Today I think Novak played pretty awesome," said Nishikori. "There'...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)