Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Nadal Rolls to 10th Monte Carlo Title Setting Numerous ATP Records
- improved to 14-0 against Spaniards in tour finals. Ramos-Vinolas during the week defeated world No. 1 Andy Murray, No. 8-ranked Marin Cilic and No. 17 Lucas Pouille, and will move into the Top 20 on the ATP Rankings for the first time on Monday. ...
- Nadal Gets Call, Gets Past Goffin To Reach Monte Carlo Finals Against Ramos-Vinolas
- hobbled by a back injury late in the match, but credit to ARV who won his third straight 3-set match after wins over Andy Murray and Marin Cilic. “I improved my tennis a little, my backhand a little bit,” said Ramos-Vinolas. "I improved my physical condition. I improved a litt...
- Djokovic Upset By Goffin, Nadal Draw Opens in Semifinals at ATP Monte Carlo
- coming in the Friday quarterfinals at the Monte Carlo Masters, where local resident and world No. 2 Novak Djokovic and No. 5 seed Marin Cilic were upset on the red clay. Djokovic was outlasted 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 by No. 10 seed David Goffin of Belgium. By the end of the third ...
- Nadal Rolls, Djokovic Survives, Murray And Wawrinka Fall In Monte Carlo; Friday QFs
- were No. 4 Rafael Nadal squashing a much-anticipated match-up with No. 14 Alexander Zverev by squashing the German 6-1, 6-1, No. 5 Marin Cilic defeating No. 9 Tomas Berdych 6-2, 7-6(0), and No. 10 David Goffin outlasting and upsetting No. 6 Dominic Thiem 7-6(4), 4-6, 6-3. "I pla...
- Murray Wins, Nadal Struggles at Monte Carlo; Nadal v Zverev Thursday
- know my level is good. If I'm able to improve, I might have a chance in this tournament." Other Top 10-seeded winners were No. 5 Marin Cilic rolling over French wildcard Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-0, No. 6 Dominic Thiem handling Dutchman Robin Haase 6-3, 6-2, and No. 9 Tomas Berdych co...
- Djokovic Survives Simon Upset Bid In Monte Carlo; Nadal, Murray Tomorrow
- to not play on clay in February this year so it’s a little different." Haas also faces Tomas Berdych, and Chardy collides with Marin Cilic. WEDNESDAY MONTE CARLO SCHEDULE COURT RAINIER III start 11:00 am  S. Wawrinka (SUI) vs J. Vesely (CZE)  A. Murray (GBR) vs ...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday