Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Teen Alexander Zverev Beats Stan Wawrinka's For First Career ATP Title In St. Petersburg
- in a title match since 2013 Den Bosch.
The 19-year-old Zverev became the first teenage winner on the ATP since 19-year-old Marin Cilic won New Haven in 2008. The German joins other teens to have won titles in recent years including Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori a...
- Cilic and Croatia, Del Potro and Argentina Advance to Underdogs Davis Cup Final
- where the Croats will host Argentina at the end of November.
The Croats won in their first singles match on Sunday when Marin Cilic straight-setted Richard Gasquet 6-3, 6-2, 7-5 to clinch the tie 3-1.
"It's been a great weekend and I am at a loss for words to describe...
- Murray Bros Close Gap v Argentina, Will Del Potro Be Fit Sunday? Cilic Looks To Close Out France
- Pella as expected, del Potro will be asked to win it for Argentina against either Kyle Edmund or maybe Dan Evans.
In Croatia, Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig toppled the favorites Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert 7-6, 5-7, 7-6, 6-3 to give Croatia a 2-1 lead over France goin...
- Davis Cup SFs: Andy Murray v Juan Martin Del Potro Friday; Rafael Nadal Travels To India
- rubber against Guido Pella.
In Croatia, quarterfinal hero Borna Coric will face Richard Gasquet in the first rubber followed by Marin Cilic against Lucas Pouille.
“My preparations for the tie have been less than ideal because my knee flared up after the Olympic Games in Rio...
- Nadal Impresses At US Open, Another Easy Day For Djokovic; Murray, Del Potro Saturday
- in all areas."
But Isner wasn’t the big upset of the day. That belonged to his countryman Jack Sock who stunned the hot-handed Marin Cilic in straight sets to reach his first career US Open fourth round.
“I think with every year, every tournament, I mean, every experience ...
- Del Potro Looking Dangerous At US Open, Murray Wins; Djokovic, Nadal Back On Court Friday
- face former US Open semifinalist Mikhail Youzhny. Rafael Nadal returns to take on Andrey Kuznetsov and Jack Sock meets 2014 champion Marin Cilic. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga collides with Kevin Anderson in another good match.
US OPEN FRIDAY SCHEDULE
Arthur Ashe Stadium 11:00 AM Start
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)