Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Wimbledon Seedings: Djokovic, Barty Top Seeds; Federer Bumped Over Nadal
- Wimbledon seedings were released today. As custom, the men's seedings were based of a formula while the committee followed the WTA rankings for the women's seedings. About the only consternation was Roger Federer bump to No. 2 over World No. 2 Rafael Nadal. Federer won Halle th...
- Murray Wins In Doubles, Tsitsipas Takes Two, Cilic Out
- spoke with his team and thought it might be a nice thing to do.” In singles action, Diego Schwartzman shocked 2-time champion Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-4. On a busy Thursday as the event played catch-up, several players had to play two matches. Top seed Stefanos Tsitsipas fini...
- Del Potro Withdraws From Queen's After Knee Injury; Murray Makes Return Thurs.
- better weather Thursday with Andy Murray making his return in doubles action. Stefanos Tsitsipas tries to finish off Kyle Edmund. Marin Cilic meets Diego Schwartzman and Grigor Dimitrov faces Felix Auger-Aliassime. Several players will be doubling-up in singles. Sobre la rod...
- Murray In Queen's Doubles; Tsitsipas, Del Potro, Wawrinka In Singles
- Robert Farah. In the singles competition, Stefanos Tsitsipas leads a loaded field which includes Kevin Anderson, Stan Wawrinka, Marin Cilic, Juan Martin del Potro and Canadians Milos Raonic and Felix Auger-Aliassime. Among the many excellent first round matches, del Potro fac...
- 2019 French Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem
- Grand Slam titles at any one event. * THIEM is bidding to become the 150th Grand Slam men’s singles champion in history. Marin Cilic, the most recent first-time major winner, became the 149th different man to win a Grand Slam title at the 2014 US Open. * Thiem is biddi...
- Nadal, Federer Beat Germans At French, Dimitrov Ousts Cilic; Djokovic, Delpo On Deck
- It was the Serb's second straight 5-set win. Grigor Dimitrov knocked out the highest seed of the men's event, eliminating No. 11 Marin Cilic in five sets 7(3), 6-4, 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-3 in 4 hours, 23 minutes for maybe his biggest win ever in Paris. "Every win that I have now, I a...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic