Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Rafa Rises Up Down Under; Federer v Nishikori Tonight At The Australian Open, Who's The Pick?
- He's proving that match point he had against Wawrinka at the US Open was no fluke. He made the Sydney finals and this week upset Marin Cilic and Bernard Tomic, two decent wins. But Tsonga's hot, he loves playing in Melbourne, and you know what that means. The pick; Tsonga in ...
- Kyrgios Melts Down, Evans Talks Shirts Wednesday at Aussie Open
- for the rest of the year. Yeah, it's on me." Joining Seppi in the upset circle were Brit Daniel Evans who faced down No. 7 Marin Cilic 3-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-3, and German Mischa Zverev who likewise took apart another big-serving game, ousting No. 19 John Isner 6-7(4), 6-7(4), 6-...
- Wawrinka, Nishikori, Cilic Escape with Wins on Day 1 at Australian Open
- 6-4, while No. 5 Kei Nishikori needed five sets to beat Russia's hard-hitting Andrey Kuznetsov 5-7, 6-1, 6-4, 6-7(6), 6-2, and No. 7 Marin Cilic came from two sets down to disappoint Poland's Jerzy Janowicz 4-6, 4-6, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Nishikori was not enthused about staying out for ...
- Roger Federer's Return Headlines Day 1 At The Australian Open; No. 1s Murray, Kerber On Court
- Ilya Marchenko. Murray has been runner-up five times in Melbourne. Former champion Stan Wawrinka, Kei Nishikori, Tomas Berdych, Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and the Aussie bad boy duo of Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic are also on a loaded schedule. In the women's draw, wo...
- Australian Open Men's Draw Preview: Djokovic Opens With Verdasco, Federer Lands With Murray
- would be a massive match, and I hope that happens. JW Tsonga lurks as a potential quarterfinal foe for Stan, but I'll lean with Marin Cilic to get through but lose to the Swiss. Stan brings his best in the Slams, and the reigning US Open winner keeps it going Down Under. The Pi...
- My 2017 Top 10: Is It Novak Djokovic Or Andy Murray, And Can They Hold Off The Next Wave?
- enough and hold on to No. 1 in the end. Others to watch for: Nick Kyrgios - I think he breaks the Top 10 but can't stay there. Marin Cilic - Capable of winning another Slam. Gael Monfils - I don't think he'll duplicate his 2016 season, but he's still a threat. Tomas Berdych -...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday