Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Milos Raonic Left Alone; Novak Djokovic Djanky; Loaded Thursday In Toronto
- when No. 6 seed Dominic Thiem retired trailing 1-4 (hip injury), Croat "Dr." Ivo Karlovic served off No. 8 and newly-coachless Marin Cilic 6-4, 7-6(3), American Ryan Harrison edged compatriot and No. 9 seed John Isner 7-6(3), 6-7(4), 6-4, and American Rajeev "Rampras" Ram roast...
- Novak Djokovic Opens Play Wednesday In Toronto; Wawrinka, Berdych, Monfils Tuesday Winners
- focus for Dimitrov," he said.
Dominic Thiem will be in action trying to score his first win in five tries over Kevin Anderson and Marin Cilic will face Ivo Karlovic.
Earlier today, Tomas Berdych beat Borna Coric in three sets, weekend winners Gael Monfils and Fabio Fognini both...
- Toronto Preview: Lone Big 4 Entrant Novak Djokovic Returns As Heavy Favorite
- wide open and just about any of the top names could get through. In the third quarter, that includes Kei Nishikori, Nick Kyrgios and Marin Cilic. After giving away two 2-0 set leads in the last month and dropping his coach Goran Ivanisevic, Cilic may not be seeing things clearly. Kyr...
- Marin Cilic Splits From Coach Goran Ivanisevic After Nearly Three Years
- Cilic announced via Facebook that he and his coach of nearly three years, Goran Ivanisevic, have split.
I wanted to share these news with you.
Unfortunately, I am no longer working with my coach Goran Ivanisevic.
We have started to work together in September ...
- Davis Cup Quarterfinal Capsules: Heroics from Britain, Croatia
- Ore., for the U.S. team, until it wasn't.
Leading 2-0 after Day 1, the U.S. saw a rare Bryan brothers loss on Saturday to Croats Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig, then the visitors turned it on Sunday when Cilic overpowered Isner in straight sets, and Day 1 hero Jack Sock was beaten in...
- Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, John Isner Among Stars In Davis Cup QFs This Weekend
- ties this weekend. But some in the Top 20 will be on court.
Croatia travels to Portland, Oregon to take on a deep USA team. Marin Cilic and Borna Coric lead the visitors against John Isner, Jack Sock and the Bryan brothers.
“It’s going to be a very tough match for bot...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)