Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Wawrinka, Raonic Among Lots of Big Names at ATP Geneva, Lyon Before French; Previews
- field were Martin Klizan, Lu Yen-hsun, Adrian Mannarino, and Viktor Troicki...Wawrinka, the lone former champion in the field, beat Marin Cilic in last year's final. OPEN PARC AUVERGNE-RHONE-ALPES LYON Lyon, France; surface: clay Seeds: Milos Raonic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tomas...
- Djokovic Tames Thiem, Will Meet Zverev In Rome Final
- in the Madrid quarterfinals. Isner had enjoyed a terrific week beating the likes of former Grand Slam champions Stan Wawrinka and Marin Cilic, but fell to 0-3 against the German. “I thought he played pretty well from the back of the court," Isner said. "But that's what he doe...
- Terrific Thiem Topples Nadal, Awaits Rain-Delayed Djokovic-DelPo Winner In Rome SF
- my career," said Zverev. "I feel like I have played very well today. I returned very well." Isner had to go the distance to deny Marin Cilic 7-6(3), 2-6, 7-6(2). Cilic, who was 6-0 against the American but has now lost his last two, never lost serve in the match while Isner smash...
- Nadal v Thiem, Djokovic v Del Potro On Big Friday In Rome
- Tomas Berdych 6-3, 6-2. Alexander Zverev continued to show his clay prowess beating Fabio Fognini 6-3, 6-3 and in a mild surprise, Marin Cilic ousted David Goffin 6-3, 6-4. "It was a great match for me," said Zverev. "I think I played very well, was very aggressive from the base...
- Nadal Has Easy Day, Sock Next In Rome; Nishikori, Wawrinka Advance
- start 11:00 am WTA - [Q] A. Kontaveit (EST) vs  M. Lucic-Baroni (CRO) Not Before 12:00 noon ATP -  D. Goffin (BEL) vs  M. Cilic (CRO) ATP -  T. Berdych (CZE) vs  M. Raonic (CAN) Not Before 4:00 pm WTA - J. Goerges (GER) vs [Q] J. Ostapenko (LAT) or  G. M...
- Murray's Misery Mounts, Falls To Fognini In Rome; Nadal Wednesday
- the only seed to fall. Tomas Berdych collected his 600th career match win beating Carlos Berlocq 6-3, 6-4 also in the second round. Marin Cilic ousted Ryan Harrison and David Goffin took out Fernando Verdasco in three sets. Alexander Zverev, Jack Sock and Pablo Carreno Busta were...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday