Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Cilic Bids For Second Queen's Title, Will Meet Lopez In Final
- champion Marin Cilic is back in the Queen's Club final seeking a second title at the Wimbledon tune-up in London. On Saturday in the semifinals, Cilic got through the rain and a tough Gilles Muller 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 to reach his third final at the event. "It's just amazing to ge...
- Former Champions Cilic, Dimitrov Reach Queen's SFs
- former champions advanced to the semifinal round at Queen's on Friday. 2012 winner Marin Cilic cruised past Donald Young 6-4, 7-5 while 2014 champ Grigor Dimitrov had to fight off the big Russian Daniil Medvedev 6-3, 3-6, 6-3. Cilic now faces the red-hot Gilles Muller who won h...
- Big Men Cilic, Querrey, Medvedev Queen's Winners Thursday
- at Queen's with three players 6-foot-6 all advancing to the quarterfinal round. In a decimated draw, the highest remaining seed, Marin Cilic, rolled American qualifier Stefan Kozlov 6-0, 6-4. Cilic, who won the Queen's title in 2012, lost just one point on first serve in the matc...
- Murray Stunned By Thompson In Queen's; Wawrinka, Raonic Also Out
- not won lots of matches," he added. "But it certainly would have helped to have had more matches.ā Other results included Marin Cilic knocking out John Isner and a pair of top seeds went down as 2016 finalist Milos Raonic fell to the returning Thanasi Kokkinakis in two bre...
- Early Test for Murray, Others in Loaded Field at Aegon/Queen's Club; ATP Preview
- the draw: AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS QUEEN'S CLUB, London, England; surface: grass Seeds: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Grigor Dimitrov, Tomas Berdych, Nick Kyrgios Floaters: Sam Querrey, Gilles Muller, John Isner, Donald Young, Ryan H...
- Cilic Wins In Den Bosch, Haas Out In Stuttgart; Zverev Bros In SFs
- up on clay courts, but the grass is so good these days that you can play your natural game and slide into strokes.ā Top seed Marin Cilic beat qualifier Vasek Pospisil 6-3, 7-5. Up next for the Croat is Ivo Karlovic. āI feel better and better, obviously after each day Iā...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday