Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Rafael Nadal's Leg Injury Not Serious, Will Return For Acapulco
- news for Rafael Nadal fans. A day after retiring to Marin Cilic in the fifth set of their Australian Open quarterfinal with what looked to be a bad right upper thigh/hip injury, Nadal's MRI in Melbourne didn't show any serious. According to the release from his camp, Nadal has...
- Injured Nadal Retires To Cilic At Australian Open; Edmund Stuns Dimitrov For First Slam SF
- Tuesday at the Australian Open. A day after Novak Djokovic was ousted, Rafael Nadal followed, in disheartening fashion retiring to Marin Cilic in the quarterfinals down 3-6, 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-2, 2-0 with what appeared to be an upper right leg issue. Nadal held the lead by two sets ...
- Rafael Nadal: I Don't Know The Injury, Tomorrow I Will Have An MRI
- Nadal is out of the Australian Open after retiring to Marin Cilic down Marin Cilic 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-2, 2-0 because of an upper right leg/hip injury. Nadal was leading 2 sets to 1 when, he said, he felt something going for a dropshot in the fourth. Nadal received treatment an...
- Nadal, Dimitrov Bid For Australian Open Rematch; Svitolina Seeks First Slam Semi
- including in Brisbane earlier this month when the Brit rolled his ankle. In the evening doubleheader, Rafael Nadal takes on Marin Cilic in a battle of US Open champions. Nadal was finally tested Sunday against Diego Schwartzman, and now he faces the much taller Croat. It's a...
- Nadal Survives The Schwartz At Australian Open; Dimitrov Downs Kyrgios In Thriller
- am here with a victory." Nadal, who has now won 11 straight matches in Grand Slam play, moves on to meet former US Open champion Marin Cilic, his first opponent faced outside the Top 20 since the French. The Croat edged Nadal's compatriot and Spanish No. 2 Pablo Carreno Busta ...
- Federer, Nadal, Djokovic Looking Good At Australian Open; Zverev Looking Ugly
- Again, the opponents do factor in, still though, he's just dominant and there have been zero issues with the knee. Ahead, though, Marin Cilic in the quarter followed by either Nick or Grigor in the semifinal. So it will get tougher but he looks terrific. Novak Djokovic - It was...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow