Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Brit Marcus Willis Upstages Roger Federer, Entire Men's Field with Wild Wimbledon Win Monday
- the serve of Aussie Samuel Groth 6-4, 6-3, 7-5, No. 6 Milos Raonic serving off Spain's Pablo Carreno 7-6(4), 6-2, 6-4, and No. 9 Marin Cilic beating Brian Baker 6-3, 7-5, 6-3.
Other seeded winners Monday were No. 11 David Goffin, No. 13 David Ferrer, No. 16 Gilles Simon beatin...
- Wimbledon Men's Draw Preview: Djokovic With Federer, Raonic, Nishikori; Murray Looks Good
- more vulnerable than ever. And there's not a lot of danger in his section. Alex Dolgopolov? Maybe Gael Monfils in the fourth round? Marin Cilic or Kei Nishikori in the quarters (if they get there)? Cilic and Nishikori will have to deal with Karlovic who is in there and Kei opens aga...
- 2016 Wimbledon Seedings: Novak Djokovic And Serena Williams Named Top Seeds
- Wimbledon Championships have released the seeding for their 2016 event. The top seeds will again be World No. 1s Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams.
The tournament seeded the men according to their grass court formula which adds 100% of grass court points earned in the last yea...
- Andy Murray v Milos Raonic In The Queen's Lendl-McEnroe Bowl, Who's The Pick?
- a set to 21-year-old countryman Kyle Edmund yesterday and today again going three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 to beat fellow former champion Marin Cilic.
So it hasn't been particularly convincing but he's winning and he's winning deciding sets, he'll point out.
"The third sets today an...
- 8-Time Halle Champion Roger Federer Falls To The Future In Alexander Zverev
- looks and balls. But power should win out and I think he'll get his first ATP title and become the first teen to win a crown since Marin Cilic at 2008 New Haven.
SUNDAY HALLE SCHEDULE
STADION start 12:00
 R. Klaasen (RSA) / R. Ram (USA) vs  L. Kubot (POL) / A. Peya (AUT)...
- Andy Murray Needs 3 In Queen's, Meets Marin Cilic In SFs; Milos Raonic Stays Perfect Under McEnroe
- his forehand, he can dictate a lot of the points. If you want to get to the top of the game, you need to have weapons and he has them."
Cilic also needed three sets in a win over American Steve Johnson.
"It was very tough," said Cilic. "I think Steve was playing pretty well tod...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)