Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Cilic, Croats Roll French for 2nd Davis Cup Win
- won its second Davis Cup title on Sunday when Marin Cilic beat Lucas Pouille 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-3 in the first Sunday singles to clinch for the Croats 3-1. Pouille replaced Jeremy Chardy in the first singles on Sunday. Cilic was 6-0 in sets played over the weekend. "I...
- Croatia Visits France For Davis Cup Title This Weekend; Cilic, Coric, Tsonga Headline
- for the team was to start on Friday with these two players." France is deep but Croatia is top heavy with No. 12 Coric and No. 7 Marin Cilic. “When we heard that Monfils and Simon weren’t playing and then with Gasquet pulling out, follow Yannick’s moves sometimes he has ...
- Federer v Zverev, Djokovic v Anderson At ATP Finals Saturday
- and a semifinal matchup against Hewitt No. 2 Kevin Anderson. In a dead match, Djokovic maintained his high-level beating-up on Marin Cilic 7-6(7), 6-2. He's now won 17 of 19 against the Croat and finishes the round-robin group undefeated and without the loss of a single set. ...
- Federer Books Final Four Berth At ATP Finals, Thiem Advances; Last SF Spot At Stake Friday
- Of course, I'm happy that I got the win." On Thursday, with Novak Djokovic already confirmed for the weekend, Alexander Zverev, Marin Cilic and John Isner will all battle for the final spot. The only way Djokovic doesn't win the Gustavo Kuerten group (and play Anderson, not F...
- Djokovic Reaches SFs Stage At ATP Finals, Cilic Beats Isner; Federer-Anderson Rematch
- ATP Finals, Djokovic defeated youngster Alexander Zverev 6-4, 6-1. Djokovic, who has won 34 of his last 36 matches, will take on Marin Cilic on Friday. Cilic put the Serb through to the semifinals for an eighth time by coming from a set down to beat John Isner 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-4. ...
- Federer Back On Course At ATP Finals; Anderson Cruising; Djokovic v Zverev Wed.
- in Shanghai, but wasn't at his best. I expect him to play better than he did in Shanghai.” In the late match, John Isner meets Marin Cilic with both men hoping to stay alive in the event. Cilic leads 7-3 over Isner but is just 1-9 lifetime at the ATP Finals. WEDNESDAY AT...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic