Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Nadal Dominates Tiafoe, Tsitsipas Next In Australian Open SFs; Djokovic Tests Nishikori
- dropped a set through five rounds, he's supremely fresh and he's gone a round further than he did a year ago when he retired to Marin Cilic. "For me it's very emotional to be back int he semifinals," Nadal told the crowd after. "It means everything to me." Nadal will play ...
- Tsitsipas Tstuns Federer At Australian Open; Nadal Rolls, Tiafoe Pulls Upset Again
- be cool. I guess all the matches are on Laver now, right?" Right Tiafoe is. Speaking of long match, Roberto Bautista Agut and Marin Cilic also went the distance. The two marathon men fittingly played to a fifth with the Bautista Agut coming through 6-7(6), 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 ...
- Favorites Djokovic, Zverev Cruise Into Australian R16; Nadal, Federer Face Tests
- official tour meeting. Former semifinalist Grigor Dimitrov will try to stop the run of American Frances Tiafoe who turns 21. And Martin Cilic battles Roberto Bautista Agut. AUSTRALIAN OPEN SUNDAY SCHEDULE Rod Laver Arena From 11:00am AEDT P. Kvitova(8) v A. Anisimova Not be...
- Easy Day For Federer, Nadal Who Dominate Youngsters At Australian Open; Djokovic Duels Shapovalov Next
- out for him." Roberto Bautista Agut finally had a straightforward match beating Karen Khachanov in straight sets. He'll now face Marin Cilic who saved two match points in a win over Fernando Verdasco in five sets and 4 hours, 18 minutes 4-6, 3-6, 6-1, 7-6(8), 6-3. Would you be...
- Raonic Ousts Wawrinka In 4 Breakers, Djokovic Advances; Nadal v De Minaur Fri
- after a tough 5-set win Wednesday night? Two-time defending champion Roger Federer is back to face American upstart Taylor Fritz. Marin Cilic, Tomas Berdych and Stefanos Tsitsipas will also see action. ...
- Federer, Nadal Post Australian Open Wins, Americans Score Upsets; Djokovic v Tsonga Thurs.
- from 2017 for the all-time tournament record. But Opelka is just 21, so he'll have many, many more chances to beat it. Elsewhere, Marin Cilic outlasted pesky American Mackenzie McDonald 7-5, 6-7(9), 6-4, 6-4. The 2018 Australian finalist will now face 2009 semifinalist Fernando Ve...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic