Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Djokovic Survives Clay Opener In Monte Carlo, Wawrinka Falls Apart; Nadal Opens Clay Season Wed.
- to retire down a set and a break to the American with what looked like a lower back/hip issue. Two Top 8 seeds tumbled as No. 7 Marin Cilic fell to Guido Pella 6-3, 5-7, 6-1 and No. 8 Karen Khachanov continued to struggle going down to qualifier Lorenzo Sonego. French Open se...
- Nadal, Djokovic Open Clay Court Season In Monte Carlo
- going to win here, but it shouldn't be easy. He'll have his countryman Roberto Bautista Agut, then hopefully Denis Shapovalov with Marin Cilic in the quarters. RBA is decent, though clay isn't his best surface and same for Shapo. Maybe Grigor Dimitrov, who's been having shoulder is...
- Federer Overcomes Albot In Miami Opener, Ferrer Foils Zverev; Djokovic Returns
- advancing were Kevin Anderson, Grigor Dimitrov, Denis Shapovalov and Daniil Medvedev. Qualifier Andrey Rublev ousted Marin Cilic and Jordan Thompson scored a big upset win over Karen Khachanov. On tap Sunday, the third round begins with Novak Djokovic, Nick Kyrgios...
- Miami Men's Preview: Djokovic Looks To Get Back On Track, Federer In The Field
- in Miami. Tsitsipas has a decent early draw with Guido Pella as his first seed, but then a tricky one with Denis Shapovalov or Marin Cilic who could meet again after the Canadian won at Indian Wells. I think Denis does it again and then upsets Tsitsipas. And I do like Zverev to...
- Djokovic Stunned By Kohlschreiber At Indian Wells; Federer, Nadal Advance
- 22-year-old Pole did it against Tuesday with a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 win. Hurkacz will now face Canadian Denis Shapovalov who eased past Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-2. WEDNESDAY INDIAN WELLS SCHEDULE STADIUM 1 11:00 Am 4th Rd (Q) Filip Krajinovic v 2 Rafael Nadal Not Before 1:00 Pm ...
- Big 3 Federer, Nadal, Djokovic On Today At Indian Wells; Zverev Out
- will try to avenge a Dubai loss to Hubert Hurkacz. John Isner, Daniil Medvedev are also on court, and Denis Shapovalov meets Marin Cilic in a good one. TUESDAY INDIAN WELLS SCHEDULE STADIUM 1 11:00 Am Followed By 3rd Rd 25 Diego Schwartzman v 2 Rafael Nadal Fo...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic