Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Friday Seeded Bloodbath at Men's Miami Open Tennis; Federer Saturday
- unseeded American teen Taylor Fritz 7-5, 3-6, 7-6(4). The parade of upset-makers were France's Jeremy Chardy outlasting No. 7 Marin Cilic 6-4, 2-6, 6-3; Argentine Guido Pella edging No. 9 Grigor Dimitrov 6-3, 7-6(4); American Donald Young toppling No. 11 Lucas Pouille 6-2, 6-4...
- Nadal, Dimitrov, Raonic Open Play Friday In Miami; Nishikori v Anderson
- vs Y. Nishioka (JPN) Not Before 5:00 pm ATP -  F. Verdasco (ESP) vs [Q] E. Escobedo (USA) COURT 1 start 11:00 am ATP -  M. Cilic (CRO) vs J. Chardy (FRA) Not Before 12:00 noon ATP - A. Dolgopolov (UKR) vs M. Jaziri (TUN) 01 ATP -  P. Carreno Busta (ESP) vs F....
- Miami Draw Men's Preview: Federer Leads Way But Del Potro Awaits In 3rd RD, Nadal Seeks First Title
- so too is Fernando Verdasco, but he's got Gilles Simon and in the quarters I'll take Pablo Cuevas. It's an open section there with Marin Cilic, Lucas Pouille, Joao Sousa and Cuevas. I think Cuevas continues his recent run, enjoys the South American crowd support and comes through t...
- Federer, Nadal Roll, Djokovic Escapes At Indian Wells; Isner-Monfils Tonight
- face Steve Johnson who came from behind to deny Kevin Anderson. The big upset of the day was new father Taylor Fritz stunning Marin Cilic. The 19-year-old Fritz was down a set and a break before roaring back for a 4-6, 7-5, 6-4 victory, his first over a Top 10 player. "Just...
- Taylor Fritz: Nothing's Changed Since I Became A Father
- him to grow up in sports, and obviously tennis is in his genes, I guess." Fritz is in action later today at Indian Wells against Marin Cilic. "We do have similar-type games, we're both pretty serve-dependent," Fritz said of playing to Croat. "I'd say we are both pretty solid o...
- Pospisil Shocks Murray in 2nd Rd. at Indian Wells; Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Today
- vs. Daniel Evans, (5) Rafael Nadal vs. Guido Pella, (2) Novak Djokovic vs. Kyle Edmund, (9) Roger Federer vs. Stephane Robert, (6) Marin Cilic vs. (WC) Taylor Fritz, (31) Juan Martin del Potro vs. countryman Federico Delbonis, and (23) Sam Querrey vs. Donald Young. ...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday