Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Sock Stuns Choking Zverev To Reach ATP Semis; Goffin v Thiem Fri For Final SF Spot
- to put on a show a little bit, just enjoy my time,” Sock said. In the early match, Roger Federer maintained his dominance over Marin Cilic with a 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-1 win to improve to 8-1 against the Croat. “It wasn't easy. I mean, look, it's a fast court. It's indoors. We've...
- Dimitrov Dominates Goffin To Reach ATP SFs; Zverev v Sock Thurs
- tough match, and I'm trying everything to go through to the semis.” The Swiss 6-time champion is in action on Thursday against Marin Cilic. But with the Becker group top seed his, the outcome has no meaning for the semifinals, though points and prize are at stake. Federer is 7-...
- Federer Too Strong For Zverev, Qualifies For SFs In London; Sock Eliminates Cilic
- from the beginning till the end.” Zverev fell to 1-1, but now faces a pivotal match Thursday against Jack Sock who ousted Marin Cilic. “I think it was a very positive match,” Zverev said. “I still have great chances of qualifying, playing Jack Sock next. I think i...
- Goffin Finally Prevails Over Nadal; Federer v Zverev Tuesday
- all of them were great matches. Hopefully it can be another one." And in a virtual elimination match, Jack Sock takes on Marin Cilic. ...
- Federer, Zverev Win Open Up ATP Finals With Victories
- in the Boris Becker group is 20-year-old Alexander Zverev. In his Finals debut, the German overcame a 3-1 third set deficit to beat Marin Cilic 6-4, 4-6, 6-4. "I felt a little bit nervous coming out for the first time here. I think that's normal for anyone that is playing here fo...
- ATP Finals Preview: Nadal Seeks First London Title, Federer An 8th
- or Andy Murray. But that's exactly what happened. No Djokovic, no Murray. The only two from the 2016 tournament to return are Marin Cilic and Dominic Thiem. Djokovic and Murray along with Kei Nishikori, Milos Raonic and Stan Wawrinka all failed to finish the season due to ...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow