Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Flat Djokovic Wins In 4 At US Open; Nadal, Cilic Strong; Murray, Del Potro Open Play Tuesday
- and Gael Monfils both rolled while former semifinalist Richard Gasquet fell to Brit Kyle Edmund. Milos Raonic and former champion Marin Cilic also cruised.
On tap Tuesday, the red hot Andy Murray opens play against Lukas Rosol. Stan Wawrinka, Kei Nishikori and Juan Martin del P...
- Djokovic, Nadal, Kerber Kick Things Off On Day 1 At The US Open
Nadal, who had his own left wrist issue, is on during the daytime against Denis Istomin.
Former champions Marin Cilic and Svetlana Kuznetsova are also in action along with 2015 runner-up Roberta Vinci, Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber and French Op...
- US Open Draw Preview: Can Anyone Stop A Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray Final?
- for the rest of the week until maybe running into John Isner in the fourth round and perhaps Cincinnati winner and former champion Marin Cilic in the quarters. That Cilic section, though, is loaded with JW Tsonga, 2015 quarterfinalist Kevin Anderson and Jack Sock who opens against ...
- Andy Murray Leads My List Of US Open Favorites Over Novak Djokovic
- than 24 hours before the draw, here are my US Open favorites:
1. Andy Murray
Aside from his (understandable) loss to Marin Cilic Sunday in Cincinnati, Andy Murray comes into New York red hot on the court and sky high in confidence. Not having to deal with Roger Federer will...
- US Open Seedings: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams On Top And Tournament Favorites
- men's field is without Roger Federer for the first time since 1999 but it does past winners Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Marin Cilic and Juan Martin del Potro who was given a wildcard.
Djokovic, 29, is 51-5 this year and won his 11th and 12th Grand Slam singles titles ...
- Cilic Wins Cincinnati; What Does Andy Murray's Loss Mean?
- injury. Can the US Open then the subsequent months before the end of the season be enough ground for Murray to challenge for No. 1?
Cilic, on the other hand, has also thrown himself into the mix as an outside contender for a second US Open win. In the Sunday final he turned ar...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)