Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- ATP Race To London: Thiem, Berdych, Goffin Cilic, Bautista Agut Fighting For Final Spot
- are going to get in (unless Paris is absolute mayhem) so the final spot will go down to Dominic Thiem, Tomas Berdych, David Goffin, Marin Cilic or Roberto Bautista Agut who is playing this week in Moscow.
Next week, Cilic and Goffin are both playing in Basel (alongside Nadal, Rao...
- Defending Champ Kuznetsova, Djokovic-Killer Bautista Agut Lead Next Week at Kremlin Cup
- and Russians Karen Khachanov and Konstantin Kravchuk...Bernard Tomic and Jiri Vesely withdrew from the event...Bautista Agut lost to Marin Cilic in last year's final for the second year in a row...Tipsarevic (2011) and Troicki (2010) and former champs in the field as the two-time def...
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray Favored To Reach Shanghai Final
- the last three points of the match.
SATURDAY SHANGHAI SCHEDULE
STADIUM start 1:30 pm
H. Kontinen (FIN) / J. Peers (AUS) vs M. Cilic (CRO) / M. Pavic (CRO)
Not Before 4:30 pm
 N. Djokovic (SRB) vs  R. Bautista Agut (ESP)
Not Before 8:00 pm
G. Simon (FRA) ...
- Djokovic Cruises In Shanghai Opener, Del Potro Out; Nadal, Murray Wednesday
- missed it a lot when I was injured, and I'm looking forward to be on tour for more years.”
One US Open champion was upset when Marin Cilic was ousted by 19-year-old Alexander Zverev 3-6, 6-3, 6-2. The German Zverev has wins in the last month over Tomas Berdych, Stan Wawrinka, D...
- Tsonga Wins; Djokovic, Del Potro Up Tuesday at ATP Shanghai Masters
- Micha Zverev.
Alexander Zverev beat John Isner 6-4, 6-2, almost doubling the American's ace tally. He will next meet No. 8 seed Marin Cilic.
"Both very tough matches, a lot of tiebreaks in those matches," said Zverev of his 1-1 record against Cilic. "It's going to be a diffic...
- Djokovic Joins Murray, Stan, Nadal at Blockbuster Shanghai
- China; Surface: hard
Seeds: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Rafael Nadal, Milos Raonic, Gael Monfils, Tomas Berdych, Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, David Ferrer, David Goffin, Nick Kyrgios, Lucas Pouille, Richard Gasquet, Roberto Bautista Agut, Pablo Cuevas
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)