Marin Cilic - News and More
- Nationality: CRO (Croatia )
- Birthdate: September 28, 1988
- Birthplace: Medjugorje, BIH
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 2005
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Goran Ivanisevic
- 2013 Final Ranking: 37
Do you like Marin Cilic?
|Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
Latest News, articles and information:
- Wawrinka Stretched, Murray Breaking? Djokovic, Nadal Tues At Roland Garros
- fourth set and fifth. But before that I was always under pressure."
Wawrinka's victim in last weekend's Geneva final, No. 10 seed Marin Cilic, was not so lucky as the Croat fell in his first round match in Paris to unheralded Argentine Marco Trungelliti 7-6(4), 3-6, 6-4, 6-2.
- Thiem Sends French Warning Shot with Nice Title
- appearing in his first ATP final, was attempting to become the first teen title winner on the ATP circuit in eight years since Marin Cilic.
"I spent about 12.5 hours on court this week, so I'm a bit tired," Zverev said. "Against a player like Dominic, who is one of the best ...
- Wawrinka Achieves 1st in Switzerland with Geneva Crown
- into the French Open.
The defending Roland Garros holder won his first title in his home Switzerland on Saturday, beating Marin Cilic 6-4, 7-6(11) for the Banque Eric Sturdza Geneva Open title on the red dirt.
"It's a dream come true to be able to win a title in Switzer...
- French Open Men's Draw: Are Novak Djokovic And Andy Murray Heading Toward The Final?
- that. But that doesn't mean he'll get through. What it means is that quarter is wide, wide open. With Milos Raonic, Gilles Simon and Marin Cilic the other top names, it's anyone's section. And it's a really tough pick, but I think Wawrinka somehow manages to get through Chardy, Simon...
- French Open Men's Seedings: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray The Top 2; Rafael Nadal No. 5
- Rafael Nadal
6 Kei Nishikori
7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
8 Tomas Berdych
9 Milos Raonic
10 Richard Gasquet
11 Marin Cilic
12 David Ferrer
13 David Goffin
14 Gael Monfils
15 Dominic Thiem
16 Roberto Bautista Agut
17 John Isner
18 Gilles Simo...
- Preview: ATP, WTA Players Look for Mojo Heading Into French Open
- ERIC STURDZA GENEVA OPEN
Geneva, Switzerland; Surface: clay
Seeds: Stan Wawrinka, David Ferrer, Marin Cilic, John Isner, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Federico Delbonis, Steve Johnson, Sam Querrey
Floaters: Lukas Rosol, Mikhail Youzhny, Guillermo "G-Lo" Garcia-Lopez
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010
Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- Djokovic Hangs On To Beat Lopez At US Open, Will Meet Cilic In SF; Federer, Wawrinka Favorites Tomorrow
- US Open Thursday Picks And Pans: Berdych v Cilic, Federer v Monfils
- Cilic Crashes out of French Open; Djokovic, Federer on Monday
Recent fan comments for Marin Cilic:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)