Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Tsitsipas Seeks To Get On Track In Marseille Title Defense; Medvedev, Shapovalov Lurk
- 2018 champ Karen Khachanov, Felix Auger-Aliassime and Hubert Hurkacz. Also in the field are veterans Benoit Paire, David Goffin, Marin Cilic, Richard Gasquet and 2-time winner Gilles Simon who is unseeded. Medvedev could meet Sinner in the second round while Tsitsipas might fa...
- 2020 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Dominic Thiem
- singles titles won, ahead of John McEnroe. * THIEM is bidding to become the 150th Grand Slam men’s singles champion in history. Marin Cilic, the most-recent first-time major winner, became the 149th different man to win a Grand Slam title at the 2014 US Open. * Thiem is bidding...
- Djokovic Dominates Schwartzman At Australian Open, Raonic Next; Nadal v Kyrgios Mon.
- has got his serving popping having held 59 straight games to start the event. Today, behind 35 aces he eased past 2018 runner-up Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-3, 7-5. “That was a rollercoaster. He was playing better through most of first set and I was lucky to get that through,” Rao...
- Federer Fights Past Millman At Australian Open, Tsitsipas Tsent Off; Aussies Face Russians
- playing on this court and it's great to be healthy and playing well. I can take a lot of pleasure in this win." Former finalist Marin Cilic went five sets for a second straight match, this time topping a tough Roberto Bautista Agut 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-0, 5-7, 6-3 to reach his third s...
- Djokovic, Federer Cruise At Australian Open, Dimitrov Gags; Nadal Resumes Quest For 20
- to rally but fall just short and lose in five 7-6(7), 6-4, 4-6, 2-6, 7-5. Another final set breaker was played as 2018 finalist Marin Cilic outlasted Benoit Paire 6-2, 6-7(6), 3-6, 6-1, 7-6(3). Milos Raonic has his serve humming. The former Australian semifinalist has taken ...
- Nadal Rolls In Australian Opener; Federer, Djokovic Return
- over Damir Dzumhur. Also winners as the first round wrapped up were Milos Raonic, Gael Monfils, David Goffin, Diego Schwartzman Marin Cilic and Andrey Rublev. And Fabio Fognini went to bed down two sets to Reilly Opelka, But when the match resumed today, it was Fognini coming...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic