Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Medvedev, Tsitsipas Advance At Australian Open, Rublev Out; Nadal, Zverev Today
- block off what my opponent does.” Medvedev's countrywoman and potential quarterfinal foe Andrey Rublev fell to the hot-handed Marin Cilic who pulled the upset with a 7-5, 7-6(3), 3-6, 6-3. “It is incredible,” Cilic told the crowd. “I enjoyed every single second of the...
- Medvedev Knocks Kyrgios Out Of Australian Open, Murray Falls; Berrettini-Alcaraz Tonight
- Auger-Aliassime had another tough outing but advanced in four tiebreakers over Alejandro Davidovich Fokina. Andrey Rublev and Marin Cilic set a third round date as did Taylor Fritz and Roberto Bautista Agut. Jannik Sinner and Alex De Minaur were also winners. On Friday, the...
- Murray Survives In Five In Australian Open Comeback, Medvedev Wins; Nadal Back Wed.
- in five sets and Richard Gasquet eliminated Ugo Humbert. Andrey Rublev, Felix Auger-Aliassime, Jannik Simmer, Alex De Minaur and Marin Cilic were also winners on a busy Tuesday. Tomorrow, Rafael Nadal returns to face German qualifier Yannick Hanfmann. Gael Monfils meets Aleksa...
- Kokkinakis Captures First ATP Title, Beats Rinderknech
- beating Arthur Rinderknech 6-7(6), 7-6(5) 6-3. Now 25, the Adelaide native saved two match points in a semifinal thriller against Marin Cilic, then came from a set down and points away from defeat in the final. "When I saw that final ball went long, I don't think I've ever felt...
- Novak Djokovic Leads Men's Seeds At Australian Open
- (GEO) 22 John Isner (USA) 23 Reilly Opelka (USA) 24 Daniel Evans (GBR) 25 Lorenzo Sonego (ITA) 26 Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 27 Marin Cilic (CRO) 28 Karen Khachanov (RUS) 29 Ugo Humbert (FRA) 30 Lloyd Harris (RSA) 31 Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) 32 Alex de Minaur (AUS) WOMEN'S...
- Karatsev, Murray, Kyrgios v Fognini In ATP Sydney; Monfils, Isner In Adelaide 2
- 2022 debut. Monfils could meet Karen Khachanov in the semifinals in a rematch of their week 1 final. Isner could collide with Marin Cilic in his semifinal. ...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic