Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Nadal, Thiem Breeze In French Openers, Medvedev Out; Djokovic Tues.
- his first match since becoming a Grand Slam champion, fought through a tough first set before rolling past fellow US Open champion Marin Cilic 6-4, 6-3, 6-3. “I really love this tournament. It is, by far, my best Grand Slam tournament so far,” said Thiem, in an on-court inte...
- Murray Manhandled By Wawrinka At French Open; Nadal, Thiem Monday
- Dan Evans in a 5-set thriller. Tomorrow, the King of Clay Rafael Nadal returns along with 2-time finalist Dominic Thiem who meets Marin Cilic in a match-up of former US Open champions. Cilic celebrates his 32nd birthday. Daniil Medvedev debuts on Lenglen seeking his win on the ...
- French Open Men's Draw: Thiem Placed In Nadal Half, Who's The Pick?
- Pick: Denis Shapovalov DOMINIC THIEM QUARTER Thiem opens with the man he replaced as the most recent new Grand Slam winner, Marin Cilic. I like Thiem in that one and I think he should cruise into the semifinals. Reilly Opelka is dangerous in the second round if the courts ar...
- Nadal, Djokovic Win Easy Clay Openers; Tsitsipas Tossed In Sin Bin
- one double fault and the tie-break could have gone either way. I tried to start strongly in the third set.” Matteo Berrettini, Marin Cilic and Grigor Dimitrov were also winners. Cilic blasted David Goffin 6-2, 6-2. On Thursday, the last of the second round finishes with Cana...
- Thiem Authors Historic Comeback, Outlasts Zverev For US Open Title
- comeback in a US Open final in the Open Era, and the first in over 70 years. He also becomes the first new Grand Slam champion since Marin Cilic who won the 2014 US Open, and the first man born in the 90s to win. "I achieved a life goal, a dream of myself, which I had for many, ma...
- Dominic Thiem v Alexander Zverev In The US Open Final, Who's The Pick?
- in a Big 4-less final at the US Open on Sunday. The title match will crown the first new Grand Slam champion in six years since Marin Cilic beat Kei Nishikori way back in 2014 in New York. Hopefully, we won't have to wait another six after tomorrow. I don't think we will. Thi...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic