Marin Cilic - News and More
Do you like Marin Cilic?Nicknamed "Chila" by his friends...Began playing at age seven with his cousin, Tanja who lived in Germany and would come over during summer to his home city and ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Good athlete comfortable playing first strike tennis from the baseline, moves well for a big man, very fit. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Underwhelming serve for tall player. Can't seem to get that big breakthrough.
- Djokovic Dominates Nishikori At Tokyo Olympics, Meets Zverev In SF; Medvedev Out
- Djokovic kept his foot on the gas at the Tokyo Olympics rolling past Kei Nishikori in ruthless fashion 6-2, 6-0. The Serb was in full domination mode losing just three points on first serve en route to his 22nd straight win and 16th consecutively over Nishikori. "Matches a...
- Djokovic Cruises Into Tokyo Olympics QFs, Tsitsipas Upset, Murray Done; Men's QF Thurs
- Murray may have played his final Olympic match losing the men's doubles quarterfinals with Joe Salisbury to the Croatian team of Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig 10-7 in a match breaker. "I don't know if I'll get the opportunity to play again," said the 34-year-old Murray of the Par...
- Tsitsipas Turns Table On Tiafoe At Tokyo Olympics; Dokovic, Medvedev Return For 3R
- Germans Kevin Krawietz and Tim Puetz 6-2, 7-6(2). Murray had withdrawn from the singles due to a right thigh strain. They'll meet Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig in the quarters. WEDNESDAY TOKYO OLYMPICS SCHEDULE Centre Court - starting at 11:00 MS 3 (15) FOGNINI Fabio (ITA) vs (2...
- Djokovic Wins 20th Straight Match; Tsitsipas Seeks Revenge In Tokyo Olympics Tuesday
- He'll have a big step-up in class on Wednesday in the third round against Italian Fabio Fognini. Pablo Carreno Busta outlasted Marin Cilic in three sets. He'll now get Germany's Dominik Koepfer. On tap Tuesday in Tokyo, Stefanos Tsitsipas will try to avenge a first round Wim...
- Nishikori Prevails Over Rublev In Tokyo Olympics, Tsitsipas Survives; Djokovic Back Monday
- returns to face Indian hope Sumit Nagal. Alexander Zverev takes on Colombian Daniel Elahi Galan and Pablo Carreno Busta battles Marin Cilic. MONDAY TOKYO OLYMPICS SCHEDULE Centre Court - starting at 11:00 WS 2 GOLUBIC Viktorija (SUI) vs (2) OSAKA Naomi (JPN) MS 2 (4) ZVERE...
- Djokovic Dominates In Olympic Opener, Medvedev Wins; Murray v Auger-Aliassime Today
- win many matches in a row. “I hope it’s going to be the same here.” Medvedev will face Sumit Nagal ahead on Monday. Marin Cilic won it on his 11th match point holding off Joao Menezes in a final set breaker. The Croatian led 5-1 in the third, barely avoiding a coloss...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 21
- different stories there.But kind of the guy he ended up being at the end I think is an overall success story.Q. Quick preview on Isner and Cilic, what John has to do there? Then talk about Monfils or Wawrinka for you.ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's going to come down to a couple points. I...
- Robin Soderling Interview - French Open, May 30
- Soderling InterviewFrench OpenSunday, May 30, 2010 Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, pro...
- 2018 Australian Open Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic
- Federer, Murray Head Toward SFs, Djokovic Faces Cilic Test; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Cilic Chilled; Federer, Murray, Roddick Highlight Sunday at Indian Wells
- 2017 Wimbledon Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Marin Cilic