Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name John Robert Isner
- Began playing tennis at age nine
- Father, Robert, is a builder; mother Karen, is a real estate agent
- Has two older brothers, Jordan, who is a teaching tennis pro and Nathan, who is a builder and works with his father (all three attended North Carolina State Univ.)
- Played four years and earned All-American honors each season at Univ. of Georgia from 2004-07 and school's all-time leader in singles and doubles wins
- In May 2007, reached NCAA singles final, losing to Virginia's Somdev Devvarman in a third set tie-break but led his squad to NCAA team title
- Also won NCAA doubles title. Hobbies include playing poker, golf, basketball and watching ESPN
- Played basketball until ninth grade and was 6'3" (1.90m) before growing five inches at around age 16
- His favorite TV show is "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
- Says if he wasn't a tennis player he would probably be a basketball player
- Idol was former NBA star Karl Malone
- Wears a size 15 shoe
- Considers hard courts as favorite surface and his forehand and serve as strengths
- Fitness trainer is Kyle Morgan
- Chiropractor is Clint Cordial.
Return to > Players > J > John Isner Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (John Isner Pictures)