Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age seven
- Practiced with countryman Goran Ivanisevic at age 10
- After defeating Federer on Centre Court at Wimbledon in 2002, earned nickname “Super Mario” by British media
- Father, Stipe, owns a supermarket chain; mother, Nilda, is a financial advisor
- Older brother, Ivica reached ATP Ranking of No. 378 in 1997
- Has a younger sister, Sanja, who was a Top 10 junior in world in 2005 and reached WTA Tour-high No. 159 in 2006
- .Hobbies include reading, soccer, basketball, movies, music, and all ball sports
- One of top juniors in world in 2000 (finished No. 4), reaching final at Wimbledon at age 16 (l. to Mahut) and at Australian Open and SF at US Open juniors (losing to Roddick both times)
- .Member of Croatian Davis Cup team since 1999 and has a 19-13 record (12-11 in singles) in 17 ties
- Clinched Cup title in 2005
- In April 2008, earned a law degree from University of Split and his thesis was on "ATP Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," describing the ATP's legal foundation and organization
- Fitness trainer is Mirko Krolo and coached by older brother Ivica (since December 2008).
Return to > Players > M > Mario Ancic Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Mario Ancic Pictures)