Marat Safin - News and More
- Nationality: RUS (Russian Federation)
- Birthdate: January 27, 1980
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: 1997
- Plays: Right-handed
Do you like Marat Safin?
| Began playing tennis at age six with his father, Misha, director of a small tennis club in Moscow, and mother, Rausa Islanova, who served as her sons coach fr ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Justine Henin, Marat Safin Lead 2016 Hall Of Fame Nominees; Yevgeny Kafelnikov Not To Be Found
- No. 1s Justine Henin and Marat Safin were both on the shortlist of potential inductees into the class of 2016 at the Tennis Hall of Fame, it was announced today.
Former Czech great Helena Sukova was also nominated along with past champions Yvon Petra Margaret Scriven.
- 6 Things I Think I Thought About Roger Federer's Cincinnati Win, His Service Attacks And US Open Chances
- a few years. He's the same age as the broken-down Lleyton Hewitt who ranks 345 spots behind Roger. And he's just a year younger than Marat Safin! Remember him? Of course you do. He hasn't played in forever.
Point is, Federer just won his seventh Cincinnati title without losing ser...
- Rafael Nadal Is Down To No. 7 In The ATP Rankings, First Time Out Of The Top 5 In 10 Years!
- since May 8, 2005.
Last time #Nadal out of Top 5 #Emirates #ATP Rankings May 2, '05:
7 Nadal— Greg Sharko (@SharkoTennis) May 10, 2015
Nadal can return to the Top 5 this week by winnin...
- Rafael Nadal: Physicality In Tennis Isn't Preventing Young Guys From Breaking Through, It's Because They Are Not Good Enough
"I am not agree," Nadal said. "When I arrived here, when I was younger than this generation, Coria, Nalbandian, Hewitt, Federer, Safin, Roddick, they have been young players when I arrived there. They have been 23, 24. They still young. So always seems like is very difficul...
- The Longest Tennis Matches In History [Chart]
- 5β7, 6β4, 6β7(3β7), 24β22
6 h 20 Davis Cup 2002 semifinal: Lucas Arnold Ker/David Nalbandian def. Yevgeni Kafelnikov/Marat Safin, 6β4, 6β4, 5β7, 3β6, 19β17
6 h 07 Wimbledon 2006, quarterfinal: Mark Knowles/Daniel Nestor def. Todd Perry/Simon Aspelin, 5-7, 6...
- 2015 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray
- title after losing 3 finals. He finished as runner-up here in 2010 (l. Roger Federer), 2011
(l. Djokovic) and 2013 (l. Djokovic). Marat Safin is the only player to lose 2 or more Australian Open finals before winning the title.
If Murray wins the title for the first time on his...
- Roger Federer Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- wave is coming in, which I think is exciting. That's what I went through as well with Roddick and Ferrero and Nalbandian and Hewitt and Safin and so forth.So I think it's always nice when that happens. Obviously you want them to do well at the big tournaments like here now, and on...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Sharapova InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENM. SHARAPOVA/D. Safina6-2, 6-0THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. Is there any part of you that can understand or feel empathy with what Dinara was going through out there today? I mean, she's clearly su...
- Federer, Nadal Head Top 8 in Historic Montreal QFs, Safina on Choke Alert v. Clijsters
- Safin in Final Career Match Wednesday v. Del Potro in Paris?
- Tennis-X Previews: Safin Beat Up, Doha Brings Big Guns
- Safin Takes Aim at Berdych, Roddick in Shanghai
- Roddick Good, Federer Better in Australian Open Semis; Serena, Safina in Womens Final
- Murray Rises, Safin Flops at French Open
Recent fan comments for Marat Safin:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)