Marat Safin - News and More
Do you like Marat Safin?Began playing tennis at age six with his father, Misha, director of a small tennis club in Moscow, and mother, Rausa Islanova, who served as her sonís coach fr ... Read Full Bio
- Miami Draw Preview: Medvedev, Zverev, Rublev Lead Big 4-Less Masters Field
- have to go back to Paris 2004 (Marat Safin def. Radek Stepanek) to find the last time none of the Big 4 participated at an ATP Masters event. That changes this week in Miami where the four biggest stars -- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray -- all passed o...
- Djokovic Tops Zverev To Set Blockbuster SF Field At ATP Finals; Nadal v Medvedev
- made the semifinals at this event was 16 years ago in 2004 when Roger Federer beating Lleyton Hewitt in the final. Andy Roddick and Marat Safin were in the semifinals. Winners on Saturday will pick up an additional $402K to their round-robin earnings. Plus another 400 ATP Ranking...
- Novak Djokovic An Anti-Vaxxer?
- to take something to avoid further spread. If Djokovic doesn't, than he runs the risk of not being allowed on tour. Former No. 1 Marat Safin also chimed on a coronavirus vaccine, echoing a viral conspiracy theory. ‚ÄúI think they are preparing people for 'chipization' [chip im...
- 2020 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Dominic Thiem
- here, Thiem will go joint-4th on the Open Era list for most attempts before winning the Australian Open title, alongside Lendl and Marat Safin. By reaching the final here for the first time, he went joint-8th on the Open Era list for most attempts before reaching the Australian Ope...
- Nadal, Djokovic, Kyrgios Lead Final 8 At ATP Cup
- will star in doubles as well as singles. The duo have yet to lose in singles. ‚ÄúI'm very confident and I believe in my team,‚ÄĚ said Safin. ‚ÄúThat's for sure‚Ä¶ They know what they are doing on the court. "I think it was important for the guys to win as many matches as they...
- Kyrgios Outlasts Tsitsipas At ATP Cup, Zverev Struggles; Djokovic, Nadal Wed.
- to win as many matches as they can, so they are coming with full confidence after playing a lot of matches,‚ÄĚ said Russian coach Marat Safin. ‚ÄúIt's beginning of the year, I think the guys are ready. They are pumped enough to do well in the final stage. I'm happy for them. I'm h...
- Roger Federer Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- wave is coming in, which I think is exciting. That's what I went through as well with Roddick and Ferrero and Nalbandian and Hewitt and Safin and so forth.So I think it's always nice when that happens. Obviously you want them to do well at the big tournaments like here now, and on...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Sharapova InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENM. SHARAPOVA/D. Safina6-2, 6-0THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. Is there any part of you that can understand or feel empathy with what Dinara was going through out there today? I mean, she's clearly su...
- Marat Safin: If Federer And Nadal Are Still Winning It Means There‚Äôs Something Wrong With The Other Players
- Federer, Nadal Head Top 8 in Historic Montreal QFs, Safina on Choke Alert v. Clijsters
- Safin in Final Career Match Wednesday v. Del Potro in Paris?
- Tennis-X Previews: Safin Beat Up, Doha Brings Big Guns
- Safin Takes Aim at Berdych, Roddick in Shanghai
- Roddick Good, Federer Better in Australian Open Semis; Serena, Safina in Womens Final