Nikolay Davydenko - News and More
Do you like Nikolay Davydenko?Began playing tennis at age seven with his older brother Eduard (born June 1, 1970), who was a gifted player himself and has been a big influence in his career. ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Very consistent off both wings; can hit great angles; tour iron man
Weaknesses: Serve; content not winning big titles; effort at times
- Federer, Nadal Lead Shanghai Masters Field; 2013 Finalist Del Potro Opens Play Mon.
- could all but wrap up the year-end No. 1 ranking. Nadal, though, has never won Shanghai, reaching the final in 2009 losing to Nikolay Davydenko. Federer won the title in 2014 and fell in the final in 2010. With 3-time champ Novak Djokovic and 2-time winner Andy Murray out, Federe...
- Unstoppable Roger Federer Tames Rafael Nadal Again for Miami Open Title
- recover, and next take to the court at Roland Garros. Nadal has now lost four straight to Federer who joins Novak Djokovic and Nikolay Davydenko as the only other players to beat the Spaniard in succession more than three times. "I think that I was close," said Nadal. "I think I w...
- Davis Cup First Round Preview: Djokovic, Kyrgios, Zverev, Gasquet Headline
- leads 1-0 Russia won the only previous meeting between these 2 nations 3-2 in 2008, when Novak Djokovic retired injured against Nikolay Davydenko in the decisive fourth rubber. Draw Viktor Troicki (SRB) v Karen Khachanov (RUS) Novak Djokovic (SRB) v Daniil Medvedev (RUS) Viktor Tr...
- Opinion: Taking a Dump on Match Fixing, On-Court Coaching; Plus Tennis-X Notes
- Kermode says "It's hard to catch everyone," but apparently it's hard to catch ANYONE unless you're ranked outside the Top 500. Nikolay Davydenko practically reported to the Russian mafia and you couldn't pin anything on him. Andre Agassi reported in his bio he was caught testing posi...
- Let's Talk Match Fixing In Tennis!
- news? Not really. We've known about match-fixing and gambling in tennis for quite some time. I even wrote about it back in 2007 in the Davydenko aftermath and again following the the Djokovic bride revelation. But the evidence is mounting that the Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU), whic...
- Australian Open, Pro Tennis Reject Match Fixing Claims
- said without revealing names, some of those are said to be Grand Slam champions. The report also centered on the infamous Nikolay Davydenko-Martin Vassallo Arguello match from 2007 in Sopot. Both guys were cleared, but this new report claims to have evidence of that illegal ...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Miami, Mar 25
- the baseline. Myself. Last couple of years, my best quality is from the baseline. Murray is from the baseline. Soderling, too. Davydenko, too, Berdych, too. That's true, is coming Del Potro is the only one, but he's characteristic is from the baseline, too. Is true t...
- Roger Federer Interview - US Open, Sept 2
- when I came up, Yevgeny was there, Marat. I came with Marat through the juniors, and then once they kind of went away we have had Davydenko at the top for five years now. I don't think if he would have been injured so much, always at crucial times, he could have been even maybe ...
- Federer or Davydenko, Who's the Pick?
- Soderling Reaches London Semifinals; Davydenko Eliminates Slumping Nadal
- Near Perfect Davydenko Foils Federer-Nadal Final in Doha
- Davydenko Upsets Djokovic, Meets Nadal in Shanghai Final
- Roddick, Cilic, and Davydenko off to a Running Start, Murray disappoints at Hopman Cup
- Davydenko Dumps Ailing Rafa, Meets Federer for Doha Title; Roddick, Soderling Nearing Brisbane Collision