Stuttgart Tennis - 2014 MercedesCup
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Schedule: Monday, July 7 - Sunday, July 13
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, July 7 Women's -- Monday, April 21
- Draw Size: S-28 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 426,605 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Markus Guenthardt
- Official Website: www.mercedescup.de
- TV Schedule / Stuttgart Live Streaming
Do you like Stuttgart?
|Former Men's Stuttgart Tennis Champions:
2009 Jeremy Chardy
2008 Juan Martin Del Potro
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 David Ferrer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Canas
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 Mikhail Youzhny
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Franco Squillari
1999 Magnus Norman
1998 Gustavo Kuerten
1997 Alex Corretja
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Alberto Berasategui
1993 Magnus Gustafsson
1992 Andrei Medvedev
1991 Michael Stich
1990 Goran Ivanisevic
1989 Martin Jaite
1988 Andre Agassi
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1986 Martin Jaite
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henri Leconte
1983 Jose Higueras
1982 Ramesh Krishnan
1981 Bjorn Borg
1980 Vitas Gerulaitis
1979 Tomas Smid
1978 Ulrich Pinner
The latest Stuttgart tournament news:
- Nadal, Thiem, Gasparayan, Pereira Win ATP, WTA Titles
- d Nadal beat Fabio Fognini 7-5, 7-5 to win the bet-at-home Open in Hamburg, his third title of the year after Stuttgart and Buenos Aires. He improved to 67-29 in career finals. Fognini broke in the first game of the first set, an...
- Rafael Nadal To Play On The Clay In Hamburg Next Week
- Rothenbaum) July 20, 2015
The 10th-ranked Nadal is 34-12 on the year with two titles in Buenos Aires and Stuttgart.
David Ferrer, Gilles Simon, Tommy Robredo and Juan Monaco are a few of the other players scheduled for th...
- Dustin Brown: I Had A Plan Against Rafa, To Take Him Out Of His Comfort Zone
- ates. Just relaxed a little bit and tried to get my head fresh for the grass court season. Played quallies in Stuttgart, was able to play three good matches there, then lost against Janowicz. A tight one, but still have the feeli...
- Rafael Nadal: I Don't Know If I Will Be Back To The Level I Was From 2006-2011
- think I made all the things well to prepare here this tournament.
Losing in Roland Garros, going straight to Stuttgart and Queen's, then came here very early to prepare the tournament. So I lost. Sad today for that, obviously.
- RIP: Rafael Nadal (2003-2015)?
In the last year since winning the French Open, Nadal has just two titles in Buenos Aires and last month in Stuttgart, both over mediocre fields. Against his rivals, he's been a shadow of his former self.
Since winning the ...
- Rafael Nadal Isn't Worried About Winning Or Losing Anymore, He's Just Happy To Be Healthy
- a tournament on grass after five years, a good moment for me and a special one," Nadal said referring to his Stuttgart win earlier this month.
"Let's see if I am able to compete well then at Wimbledon. I'm so happy to be her...
- Rafael Nadal: I'm Not Happy I Lost, That's Tennis; But I Feel I'm Playing Well And I'm Mentally Positive
- ough aggressive when I had the break up in the 4‑3."
Nadal did come into the match with a grass title in Stuttgart, so there are positives to take from his singles Wimbledon preparation, he says.
"The good thing is I am p...
- Nadal Knocked Out Of Queen's, Murray Wins; Federer v Gulbis In Halle
- lucky enough today. I probably didn't play enough aggressive when I was up a break at 4-3."
Even with his Stuttgart title Sunday. the loss was Nadal's third opening round defeat in his last five grass events.