Irina-Camelia Begu - News and More
Do you like Irina-Camelia Begu?Currently without a coach ... Mother is Steluta (civil servant); father is Paul (electrician); brother is Andrei ... Started playing tennis at age 3 with aunt, ... Read Full Bio
- Roger Federer Withdraws From Olympics, Reveals "Setback" With Knee
- Federer officially withdrew from the Olympics, the 20-time Grand Slam champion announced today. While it doesn't come as a huge shock that he opted not to play, it was a surprise to hear his reason. Federer revealed he suffered a "setback" with his surgically repaired knee d...
- Muguruza Sent Off, Swiatek Storms Into Week 2 At Wimbledon; Barty, Gauff Sat.
- be confident to be able to play her game, and right now she is." The Tunisian will now face the red-hot Iga Swiatek who blitzed Irina Begu in under an hour 6-1, 6-0. The 2018 junior winner hasn't dropped a set in three matches. No. 2 seed Aryna Sabalenka rolled past qualifie...
- Osaka Withdraws, Muguruza Upset At French Open; Serena, Swiatek Survive Tough Tests
- the first night session in French Open history, Serena Williams survived a tricky opening set before pulling away from Irina Camelia Begu 7-6(6), 6-2. The Romanian Bega overcame a break in the first, then led 6-4 in the breaker but failed to convert either set points agains...
- Osaka, Azarenka, Kvitova Advance At French Open, Kerber Out; Serena Stars In First Night Session
- first night session ever at the French Open. In the 9pm Chatrier start, the 39-year-old Serena will take on Romanian veteran Irina-Camelia Begu. Iga Swiatek opens her title defense against good friend Kaja Juvan. Former champions Jelena Ostapenko and Garbine Muguruza are also in ...
- Serena Williams Withdraws From Miami
- the men's draw was hit hard with withdrawals, the exodus from the Miami women's field has begun. Today, 8-time tournament champion and nearly resident Serena Williams withdrew after undergoing oral surgery. “I’m disappointed to withdraw from the Miami Open because of rec...
- Serena Shys Away From Barty Battle In Melbourne; Halep Falls, Osaka Still Streaking
- well and dominating the match." In the Gippsland Trophy, Naomi Osaka upped her current win streak to 14 after easing past Irina Camelia Begu 7-5, 6-1. She'll now meet Elise Mertens who was a match tiebreak winner over Elina Svitolina. In the upset of the day, Simona Halep was ...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - US Open, Sept 5
- Nadal InterviewUS Open - Sunday, September 5, 2010 An interview with: RAFAEL NADAL THE MODERATOR: Questions, please. Q. Are you feeling better about this place? You haven't done really too well here. RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I did two semifinals in the past. Q. Oh, ye...
- ATP Previews: Federer Leads Clay Estoril Field
- ATP spring clay court circuit begins Monday with the Estoril Open, Open de Tenis ComunidadValenciana and US Men's Clay Court Championship. They are three of the 11 ATP clay court tournaments leading to the road to Roland Garros. Seven of the Top 20 players in the South Afri...
- Rafael Nadal Has Already Begun Training For The French Open; His 2013 Clay Season Schedule
- Jankovic, Radwanska, Begu Win WTA Titles Over Weekend
- Begu Has Rio Olympic Mojo After WTA Florianopolis Win; Duan 1st-Time Winner at Nanchung
- Begu Defends Home Turf at WTA Bucharest, Also Claims Doubles