John Isner - News and More
Do you like John Isner?Full name John Robert Isner...Began playing tennis at age nine...Father, Robert, is a builder; mother Karen, is a real estate agent...Has two older brothers, Jo ... Read Full Bio
- Big Men Reign At New York Open, Kyrgios Withdraws, Sock Returns
- big draws and big men. Many of the giants of the game will assemble at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island including top two seeds John Isner and Milos Raonic, plus Ivo Karlovic, 2018 winner Kevin Anderson and defending champion Reilly Opelka. Isner could meet Karlovic in the s...
- Nadal Sharp, Kyrgios Wins Epic At Australian Open; Federer, Djokovic Return Sun.
- remained in the hunt and he did it the easy way. After surviving in Andreas Seppi in five sets Thursday, a foot injury derailed John Isner down 6-4, 4-1. Wawrinka moves on to take duel Daniil Medvedev who breezed past Alexei Popyrin 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 to return to the fourth roun...
- Nadal Powers Into Australian 3R, Thiem Survives; Federer Seeks Revenge On Millman
- Zverev kept his doubles faults at bay with a straight set win over Egor Gerasimov. Gael Monfils eliminated Ivo Karlovic. John Isner and Fernando Verdasco were also winners. "It was definitely much better than the ATP Cup,” said Zverev who didn't serve a double fault...
- Nadal, Djokovic Closing In On Federer; Australian Open Picks And Pans
- future of tennis in this quarter. Former champion Wawrinka is in there as well, but I don't think he's where he once was. Same for John Isner, David Goffin and JW Tsonga. Their best days are in the past. So sorry, out with the old, in with the new, and that means Medvedev and Rubl...
- Aussies Sweep Into Last 8 At ATP Cup; Zverev Faults; Djokovic v Monfils Monday
- win over Belgium. Over in Perth, the U.S. was eliminated by Russia who rolled past the Americans 3-0. Daniil Medvedev cruised past John Isner 6-3, 6-1 while Karen Khachanov came back to beat Taylor Fritz 3-6, 7-5, 6-1. “I think I played great,” said Medvedev. “To beat Joh...
- Nadal, Djokovic Open ATP Cup With Wins; Coric Upsets Thiem
- the quarterfinal knock-out stage beginning on Thursday the 9th in Sydney. SUNDAY DAY 3 ATP CUP SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS Perth: Medvedev v Isner (RUS-USA) Brisbane: FAA v Kyrgios (CAN-AUS) Brisbane: Shapovalov v De Minaur (CAN-AUS) Brisbane: Tsitipas v Zverev (GRE-GER) ...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Miami, Mar 25
- moment. Q. About 10 years ago you probably would have been one of the taller players on the tour. Now you play guys like Querrey and Isner, Raonic and even Djokovic and these guys are 6'3" and higher. Do you feel like the game is going in that direction? Just gonna get tall...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Roddick InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENA. RODDICK/J. Isner7-5, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. Pretty clinical out there? You pretty much did what you had to and got through it quickly.ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, going 3 for 3 on break po...
- Nadal v Djokovic, Isner v Anderson; Wimbledon SF Picks And Pans
- Federer Masters Isner; Serena v Venus Tonight at US Open
- Federer Slams Nadal, Meets Isner For Indian Wells Title; Can Big John Beat Djokovic, Roger And Nadal This Weekend?
- Djokovic, Isner Reach One Indian Wells SF; Will Federer Face Nadal In The Other?
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Baghdatis Bounces Federer; Nadal v. Isner Today at Indian Wells