Prakash Amritraj - News and More
- Nationality: IND (India)
- Birthdate: October 02, 1983
- Age: 35 years old
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Residence: Encino, CA, USA
- Turned Pro: 2003
- Plays: Right-handed
Do you like Prakash Amritraj?
PERSONAL Prakash Michael Amritraj was born on Oct. 2, 1983, in Tarzana, Calif. ... The son of Vijay and Shyamala Amritraj, he has one brother, Vikram (15)... H ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Isner Enters Record Books After 3rd ATP Newport Title
- Isner joined Greg Rusedski and Vijay Amritraj in Newport lore by winning a third title at the Hall of Fame Championships, on Sunday in the final beating Aussie qualifier Matthew Ebden 6-3, 7-6(4).
No player has won Newport four times.
"It's hard to win a tournament," sa...
- Davis Cup SFs: Andy Murray v Juan Martin Del Potro Friday; Rafael Nadal Travels To India
- the side which has won the coveted Davis Cup five times.
“It's an extremely uphill battle for us,” says Indian team captain Anand Amritraj. “We are playing probably one of the two or three best teams in the world.
“The draw makes no difference, whether Nadal plays the fi...
- Roger Federer Talks Wimbedon, Talks Rolex
- title he'll return to the No. 1 ranking.
As part of a Rolex spot released earlier in the week, here's Federer with Indian great Vijay Amritraj.
- Novak Djokovic, Petra Kvitova Strike a Pose at Wimbledon Champions Ball [Video]
- during the evening, a nervous Kvitova was invited up on stage during the Wimbledon Champions Ball Sunday night for a Q&A with Vijay Amritraj.
Kvitova beat Maria Sharapova on Saturday 63, 64 to take the women's Wimbledon title.
"It's hard to find words," she said on Saturday...
- Tennis-X Notes: Henin, Cash Grabs, Tampons and Evacuations
- Lleyton Hewitt sideways cracking on teen countryman Bernard Tomic.
DUMP MONEY IN HOLE HERE -- According to the Times of India, Vijay Amritraj received a "consultancy fee" of $140,000 each year for his association with the ATP Chennai Open, about twice the amount the tournament win...
- The Best and Worst of Tennis in Popular Culture or a Column about Nothing
- a club trying the same lame lines over and over again. Persistence is generally a virtue but not in this case.
The Top Five
5. Vijay Amritraj reached the quarterfinals of both the Wimbledon and U.S. Open championships. He helped India reach the Davis Cup final twice. Amritraj also...
- Dent, Delic, Isner, Young Possibilities at Loaded Tallahassee Challenger
- Kendrick, who this week went at the No. 1 spot in the World TeamTennis draft, and Bobby Reynolds. Other name players are India's Prakash Amritraj and NCAA star Somdev Devvarman, German Benjamin Becker, Canadian Frank Dancevic, and Americans Amer Delic, John Isner, Scoville Jenkins, Ke...
- Injury-dogged Nadal Tests Himself at ATP Chennai
- Youzhny, Nicolas Mahut, Jurgen Melzer and Werner Eschauer.Wildcards for the event went to Indians Vishnu Vardhan and legacy Prakash Amritraj, and Spaniard Bartolome Salva-Vidal, Nadal's pal who undoubtedly received a wildcard benefit from his presence.Also in the field is unseede...