Stan Wawrinka - News and More
Do you like Stan Wawrinka?Began playing at age eight...Surname Wawrinka is of Polish decent but Wawrinka is only Polish by ancestry... Nicknamed Stan...Father, Wolfram is German, and mot ... Read Full Bio
- Raonic Ousts Wawrinka In 4 Breakers, Djokovic Advances; Nadal v De Minaur Fri
- the best match thus far on Rod Laver in the men's draw, former semifinalist Milos Raonic ousted 2014 champion Stan Wawrinka in a grueling four tiebreak match 6-7(4), 7-6(6), 7-6(11), 7-6(5) to reach the third round at the Australian Open. Raonic pounded 39 aces and perhaps was help...
- Federer, Nadal Post Australian Open Wins, Americans Score Upsets; Djokovic v Tsonga Thurs.
- of their 2008 Australian Open final. Djokovic leads Tsonga 16-6 having won their last 12 of their last 13 meetings. 2014 champion Stan Wawrinka meets Milos Raonic. Wawrinka leads 4-2 but the Canadian has won the last two, both in Slams at the 2018 US Open and the 2016 Australian. ...
- Djokovic Continues Domination; Federer, Nadal Return Wed At Australian Open
- was playing very well, better than I thought, I have to say." Also retiring with injury was Ernests Gulbis who was up a set on Stan Wawrinka before his back did him in. "That's not the way you want to get through a match," the former champion Wawrinka said. "It's sad for him b...
- Australian Open Men's Draw: Can Anyone Stop A Djokovic v Federer Final?
- second, maybe Gilles Simon in the third. He should win those over the Frenchmen. But what I see here is a now-healthy and dangerous Stan Wawrinka. The Swiss opens against Ernests Gulbis, then I expect him to beat Milos Raonic who takes oout Nick Kyrgios in his opener. From there, he k...
- Bautista Agut Beats Berdych For Doha Crown, 9th Career Title
- best weeks of tennis Saturday beating Tomas Berdych 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to capture his first career title in Doha. Bautista Agut upended Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic and today Berdych en route to his 9th trophy. "It's always a very tough draw, very tough tournament with a lot of good p...
- Djokovic Goes The Distance Again In Doha Win Over Basilashvili, Wawrinka Ousted
- to get a win, which is what matters." Djokovic has now won 38 of his last 41 matches, and 13 straight in Doha. Next will not be Stan Wawrinka, but rather his conqueror Roberto Bautista Agut who ousted the Swiss 6-4, 6-4. "I think Stan is a really good player. He is really a tou...
- Novak Djokovic Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 16
- serve, I guess, and wait for your chance.Q. In terms of the players you've faced, who has the best backhand? Is Gasquet one of them, and Wawrinka?NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, one-handed backhands, I guess, you know, you named it already. Those guys can come up with some unbelievable shots fr...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- Roddick InterviewAustralian Open, January 23Fourth Round Loss to Stanislas Wawrinka Q. Was there much you could do out there with him playing like that?ANDY RODDICK: Could have served better. I didn't serve that well tonight. But he played great. He played really well. He played ag...
- Djokovic Too Strong For Murray, Faces Wawrinka For French Open Title; Who's The Pick?
- Djokovic v Murray, Tsonga v Wawrinka; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Sick Nadal, Slick Federer, Roddick v. Wawrinka Tonight at the Australian Open
- Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Stanislas Wawrinka
- Murray v Wawrinka, Nadal v Thiem; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka; 2015 ATP Finals SF Picks And Pans
- Featured Stan Wawrinka Videos:
Interview with Stan ahead of Rome Masters.