Stan Wawrinka - News and More
- Nationality: SUI (Switzerland )
- Birthdate: March 28, 1985
- Birthplace: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Residence: St. Barthelemy, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 2002
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Magnus Norman
- 2013 Final Ranking: 8
Do you like Stan Wawrinka?
|Began playing at age eight...Surname Wawrinka is of Polish decent but Wawrinka is only Polish by ancestry... Nicknamed Stan...Father, Wolfram is German, and mot ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- All Eyes on Rafael Nadal in Buenos Aires: ATP Previews This Week
- awarded to Dutchmen Thiemo de Bakker and Robin Haase, and German Alexander Zverev...Neither of last year's finalists return, with Stan Wawrinka beating Tomas Berdych in the 2015 finale...No former champs are in the field.
Memphis, Tenn., USA; Surface: hard
- Novak Djokovic 'Serb Slam' at French Open? Why He is Tennis' Lone Star
- I knew that I had a chance to make history."
Last year Djokovic won three of the four Slams, losing in the French Open final to Stan Wawrinka. Williams won the first three Slams and lost in the semifinals of the US Open. Djokovic's third consecutive Slam title in a row now puts hi...
- 2016 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray
- Murray on a hard court.
Djokovic leads each of the members of the big 5 – Federer (23-22), Murray (21-9), Nadal (24-23) and Stan Wawrinka (20-4) in their previous meetings.
"It's no secret we know how we play against each other," said Djokovic. "It's two games that are very...
- Andy Murray v Milos Raonic Australian Open Semifinal, Who's The Pick?
- do think Raonic is a better player now than 12 months ago as evidenced by his wins already this year over Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka, and his improved return game. And he's healthy.
"He was unfortunate last year with some injuries," Murray said. "Had a few physical iss...
- Novak Djokovic: I Played Flawless Tennis For The First Two Sets, No Doubt About It
- these particular situations before, and managed to use that experience.
Q. You have more than 20 wins with Federer, Nadal, Murray, and Wawrinka. Do you think your future, the next two, three years, can be even more dominant since there are not competitors of that same level, at leas...
- Murray Wins, Raonic Sets Canadian History at Aussie Open
- semis, who continued his aggressive play with 31 net points won in 46 forays against Monfils. After posting a first-ever win over Stan Wawrinka in the previous round, Raonic beat Monfils for the first time on Wednesday.
"It's an amazing feeling," Raonic said. "I just said to myse...
- Novak Djokovic Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 16
- serve, I guess, and wait for your chance.Q. In terms of the players you've faced, who has the best backhand? Is Gasquet one of them, and Wawrinka?NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, one-handed backhands, I guess, you know, you named it already. Those guys can come up with some unbelievable shots fr...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- Roddick InterviewAustralian Open, January 23Fourth Round Loss to Stanislas Wawrinka
Q. Was there much you could do out there with him playing like that?ANDY RODDICK: Could have served better. I didn't serve that well tonight. But he played great. He played really well. He played ag...
- Djokovic Too Strong For Murray, Faces Wawrinka For French Open Title; Who's The Pick?
- Djokovic v Murray, Tsonga v Wawrinka; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Sick Nadal, Slick Federer, Roddick v. Wawrinka Tonight at the Australian Open
- Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Stanislas Wawrinka
- Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka; 2015 ATP Finals SF Picks And Pans
- Roger Federer v Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic v Marin Cilic; US Open Semifinal Picks and Pans
- Featured Stan Wawrinka Videos:
Recent fan comments for Stan Wawrinka:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)